Chapter 12

Author's note: Hi All! Thank you for reading, again I appreciate each and every reader! 

Hmm...So I've been thinking, you do guys think it's better if I actually name my chapters? 

let me know!

As always please comment + vote

~

Love, what is Love?

It's a question that I have no answer to, a simple definition doesn't truly define the depth and breadth of the simple 4 letter word.

I love Henry. I've said it to myself multiple times during our relationship. He means the world to me; his happiness is mine. I love Henry. I miss him when he's gone and ecstatic when he is around.

So then, why? Why do I feel guilty? What is this odd feeling that I can't explain? There's this sick heavy feeling in the pit of my stomach as if I was saying goodbye to something.

You would think after 22 years on this planet, I would understand the depth of love. I should be able to figure out this mess of a cocktail of feelings.

"What's got you so stressed, my dear?" Rosalina chimes in, she pulls me out of my entangled thoughts. Her hand rests on mine softly as she looks at me with concern. She reminds me of a favorite aunt, the caring and kind-hearted aunt that you can run to for everything. I see her as more than just a boss. I'm grateful to have her in my life, she understands the workload I have from Graduate School and supports me fully. I'm lucky enough to study while at work if all the customers are served, I can sit down and focus on my assignments.

She knows I'm here alone in this city. Roselina makes sure I feel 'at home.'

"You've been staring at the same page for over a half an hour," she points down at my opened textbook.

Her soft wrinkles are a little more defined when she softly chuckles at me.

"You can't tell me it takes you a half an hour to read a title, Sweetheart."

My lips are pursed together, trying as best I could to contain my frustration. After all, it's been a month, and Henry's completely disappeared off the face of the earth. He hasn't responded to any of my texts or calls. It was foolish to think that he would never do something like this to me. I mean we've been through so much together, how does one just leave abruptly like that? To a whole different continent.

"Well?" Roselina raises an eyebrow and sits across the round table. The settling Sun kisses her black curls and gives it a hint of dark brown I never noticed until now. She takes the bunch of hair, tying it into a bun before fixing herself into the seat more comfortably, expecting a long conversation.

"Rosie..." It was hard to say it out loud, but Roselina's leaned towards me, her hands are folded together, patiently waiting for me to continue. There's a small smile that cracks through her soft features. She nods, encouraging me to continue.

"What is love?" It sounded even more silly when it came out of my mouth. But Roselina's smile widened, there's a spark of excitement in her brown eyes. She takes a moment to breathe in before looking away from me. Her eyes are moving like she was trying to find the right words somewhere physically.

"Love. That's a very complicated thing to define, my dear," another sigh leaves her.

"Love comes in different forms. They're all unique in their ways, but all equally important. I love my husband as much as I love my mother, but it's a different type of love, you see?" I don't say much and let her continue.