Chapter 9

Author's Note: Hi All!!! I hope you enjoy, please remember to vote and comment - I would love to know what you think about the story so far! Is Prince Alexander mysterious? 

-

The Prince of Luxembourg stands in front of me. His posture is impeccable. I feel slouched, just looking at him. He towers over me, suddenly I realize how tall and built he was. I felt small next to him — his shoulders pulled back, prim and proper as I would expect from a Prince.

In the sunlight, he is absolutely captivating, there is a touch of green in his eyes I've never noticed until the light kisses them perfectly. "Prince Alexander" it's the only thing that leaves my lips.

"I thought I told you already, it's Alex."

"Why are you here?"

"Well, since you clearly didn't know how to get here, I highly doubt you'd know how to get back home. I'm just playing my part as a good samaritan" there's that obnoxious grin again.

"There's Google Maps for a reason," I say between my gritted teeth as I walk past him. But with each step I took, I hear the sole of his shoes grazing the cement ground.

A snicker escapes him, "you say that like it did you a favor before the interview."

A heavy sigh leaves me, I turn to face him — "seriously, don't you have some dragon slaying, princess saving thing to do?"

He presses his lips together, "hm, Honey. I don't know if you're aware, but we're living in the 21st century where women can fend for themselves, and dragons don't exist."

I'm only realizing now that we were in public and this man was just walking around nonchalant without a care for the world, my eyes shifted around. The last thing I want to be involved with is the tabloids. I can already imagine it;

Prince Alexander was seen with a commoner!

I can't help but wonder what Jessica's reaction would be. Even Henry's, he hates the whole idea of the Monarchy. I'd be a trader to both.

"Someone is going to see you," I warned.

"Relax, Honey, no one is here... you choose to work in a cafe that's hidden in the middle of nowhere, which, to be honest, I don't know if it's the brightest idea."

What was that supposed to mean?

"Given the fact that there can be murderers or rapists in these little alleyways, God knows you love to chase them down."

My blood boils, I can feel my face heat up again, "Seriously? Your Royal Highness, when are you going to let that go? It was just a stupid mistake."

"When you stop acting like it was nothing, because Honey, that was the most absurd thing I've seen someone do. And it's Alex," he reminded me for the third time, it seemed to genuinely bother him when I used such formalities.

"Ellie, I prefer Ellie" if he was going to make demands about how I should address him, I thought it was fair he calls me by my name, not some demonic animal that bites the testicles of their prey.

"Well, Ellie. Get in the car," he demanded. I'll give him a piece of my mind, just because he rules this country doesn't mean I have to follow his orders. My eyebrows are stitched together, he doesn't give me a chance to respond.

His tone is serious, and his expression soft. "This is your chance, Ellie. You want to be heard, I'm listening..." His lips are pursed together, his gaze doesn't leave me. His words stick to me, he wasn't teasing or fooling around. The words that were said to him the first time we met were from the heart. Someone needed to listen, change was needed. My voice may be inconsequential to many, but if someone as influential as Prince Alexander is listening, then there may be a chance. How does one pass up a chance to be heard?