Chapter 5

I open my eyes to see Wynonna crouched over me, stroking my hair and saying my name softly over and over. 

"Nicole? Can you hear me?" 

I nod my head. I hear her release a sigh of relief as I realize what has happened and why I'm waking up on the floor in the first place. I sit straight up, startling Wynonna. 

"Where is she?" I ask.

"Nicole, breathe."

"Wynonna, where is she?" I press.

"I don't know, Nicole." She whispers, keeping my gaze silently saying I don't have a clue, and I'm scared and I'm sorry.

We both sit there for a moment, watching each other try to find a way through this. Finally, Wynonna speaks up.

"Let's go inside and figure this out in the warmth. Doc and Dolls are already in there gathering information, Jeremy is on his way." She explains as she helps me stand. The world is still spinning, and Waverly is still missing. 

As we stumble through the door, Doc rushes to help Wynonna with my weight, they guide me and sit me down in a chair next to the table with dozens of documents, books, and photos laid across it. I must have been out for a while. 

"Are you alright, Sheriff Haught?" Dolls quizzes. I smile as best I can as a response, he understands.

There is tension in the air, between my injury and Waverly's whereabouts, everyone is feeling unsafe and unintelligent. I finally break the silence. 

"What do we know so far?" I ask, finally meeting Dolls' gaze. 

"We have information connecting a demon named Iblis to Waverly's disappearance."

"Wait the one you talked about when you went all Mary Poppins levitation while we were hunting that demon barber?" Wynonna speaks up. 

Dolls nods his head. 

"Double double shit-ton of trouble." Wynonna responds under her breath. 

"On the contrary, I do believe Mr.Dolls here has a mighty good plan." Doc assures Wynonna and I.

"Let's go, tell Jeremy to meet us there." I say, closing my eyes and thinking of Waverly one last time before we kill this asshole.