Chapter 9

*AUTHORS NOTE*

I have been trying so hard to finish this as quickly as I can for y'all. So please let me know if you want me to write another story in more depth, longer chapters, etc. Love you all!

*END*

"So I've been doing research all day and night, I believe that there is an abandoned field with a building just off Main Street, according to records it's set on top of a burial ground. I think if we draw a pentagram just above the grave, it should catch this bitch." Jeremy explains.

"Jeremy, did you just say bitch?" Waverly asks.

"Uh, well, I figured it would be offensive to call him anything else." He responds nervously.

"Good boy." Wynonna says as she slaps him on the shoulder. 

Jeremy laughs nervously and continues:

"Then after we catch him, Wynonna just toasts him with Peacemaker and we're home free."

"Sounds like fun." Wynonna responds smiling. She's hiding her fear well, I envy her. 

I place my hand on Waverly's thigh, giving it a light squeeze, she turns to me:

"What do you think about the plan?" She whispers.

"I trust Jeremy." I respond. 

Waverly smiles. We arrive at the building and exit the car, everyone attaching their holsters and loading their weapons. We form our plan to distract and lead Iblis to his death. I hold Waverly's hand the whole time. We all separate, besides Waverly and I, I lean over and whisper:

"I've got you Earp."

She smiles in return. We continue to walk until we reach our designated spot. Waverly is the bait, which I'm not the biggest fan of, but I trust the judgment of the rest of the team. Waverly and I enter the building, the rest of the team surrounding outside. 

The ground starts to shake. 

"Go time bitches!" Wynonna's voice echos throughout the building. 

Waverly and I start jogging through the hallways, taking coordinated turns so we run in a circle until the demon is on our tail. I tighten the grip on my gun when I turn and spot a large cloud of black fog following behind, gaining on us quite fast. 

"We've got company Waves, pick up the pace!" I yell as we start to sprint. 

Suddenly, Waverly is thrown into the wall, a loud woosh accompanying her flight. Her body slams against the brick, she lets out a loud grunt. 

"Waverly!" I yell, running towards her. I pick her up and try to hold her weight and keep running. 

"Come on baby, come on, you can do it, come on baby." I keep telling her, she keeps wincing and groaning in pain. 

"You got it baby, come on, Wynonna! Help!" I yell as I keep pulling her, she continues stumbling. 

"Haught! Where are you?" Wynonna's voice echoes. 

"Heading for the exit! Hurry!" I respond, Waverly is getting slower. 

"We're coming! Hold on!" Wynonna calls, but I don't have time to turn around towards her end of the building. I keep pushing. 

Before I can answer I kick open the exit door. I pull Waverly through the dirt and snow, the wind kicks dust and water into our faces, the mud sticks to our shoes, the branches smack our faces. 

I hear another woosh. I'm sent flying through the air. 

"Wynonna!" Waverly screams.

I hit the ground.

"Nicole!" She screams again.

Then, silence.