Chapter 6

"God it sure is hard to find these assholes without Waverly's expertise," Jeremy mumbles as he types away at his laptop. 

"Can you get us a closer location Chetri? Anything?" Dolls questions.

"I'm trying my best but it's difficult to locate a demon spirit, sir."

"Chetri, It has been 13 days since we've heard anything from Waverly. You are going to locate that son of a bitch and you are going to do it today. Wynonna can't take much more and Sheriff Haught is falling apart."

"Yes sir."

Dolls must think Wynonna and I are asleep in the backseat. Our eyes are closed but I'm certainly not dreaming and I doubt Wynonna is either. I fear that she has been living the same as I have, every time we close our eyes Waverly is there. She's always there.

Suddenly the phone rings. 

"Doc, what do you have?" Dolls answers.

There is a long pause followed by a tone of voice I've never heard Dolls use before. 

"Are you sure?" he whispers. 

He hangs up the phone. 

"Doc found her," He explains, causing Wynonna and I to both shoot into full alert, "But it doesn't look good. He is bringing her to the Homestead."

We arrive at the Homestead, the door is open and there is a trail of blood. It reminds me of the moment my whole world was shifted and I'm worried that this is going to be my final toss. I glance at Wynonna as we exit the car, our eyes remind each other: whatever it is, we face it together; we both love her. We sprint inside, I follow Wynonna while Dolls and Jeremy follow close behind. 

Waverly is lying on the kitchen table, face down. Her back is covered in blood, still dripping. Doc is franticly trying to gather supplies as he waits for us to uncover her back. We cut her shirt down the middle and pull the fabric off either side, exposing her wounds. There are two long gashes on either side of her back, deep and torn. 

"Oh my god." Jeremy mumbles. His face is pale and he looks as though he is going to vomit at any moment. 

"What Jeremy, what?" I ask, frustration filling my voice. 

"They tore her wings out."