Chapter 8

Waking up next to Waverly is something I will never take for granted again. Her eyes are closed, her breathing is even, and she looks absolutely beautiful. As she stirs a bit, her bandges crinkle against the sheets. I pull her into my embrace, rubbing her arms and kissing her shoulders. 

"Good morning, Dimples" Waverly says, groggily. 

I respond by kissing her, trying to tell her I want to wake up to you every morning. She smiles into the kiss, giving me butterflies. 

"Care for some breakfast?" She asks.

"I'll cook." I tell her, smiling and giving her a small kiss on the cheek. 

We make our way downstairs and are surprisingly greeted by everyone. Waverly and I make eye contact, both knowing this is way too early for even Wynonna to be out of bed, let alone the entire team. 

"Good morning everyone, what's going on?" I ask, still walking towards the kitchen. 

"We need to talk." Wynonna responds, she has a certain look in her eye that says I'm sorry but I'm angry. 

"I'm afraid we are worried for your safety, Darling." Doc tells Waverly, I grab her hand and hold it in mine. 

"We need to kill that son of a bitch that took you Babygirl. I am not risking this asshole hurting you again." Wynonna chimes in. 

It is always obvious when Wynonna is frustrated, her brows furrow and every other word is a swear word or insult, but I have never seen her quite like this. She's not just frustrated, she's terrified.

"Wynonna you can't be serious, It's been barely two weeks, she's still healing. Plus there hasn't been any sign of this douche since we brought her home." I argue. 

"Nicole, I'm not risking her death just because I was too lazy to do something." Wynonna says, her voice growing louder.

"And you think I am? What the hell does that mean Wynonna?" I yell back.

I start to walk towards Wynonna when Waverly removes her hand from mine, moving it up to my arm, holding it tightly. Doc grabs Wynonna's arm. 

"Everyone needs to calm down. I'm fine. Let's just kill this shiteater and be done with it. I want to live my life." Waverly explains, mostly looking towards me while she spoke.

She gave me a pleading look, one that I could never turn down. 

"Okay." I whisper. 

"Let's get this asshole." Waverly says towards the group.

Wynonna smiles at her and responds:

"Nobody fucks with our family."