Would You Be My

Dedicated to @skrappkth

"Good morning class, today there's a new transfer student from Japan. Please welcome him." The homeroom teacher said.

A male student wearing a brand new uniform come walking in the classroom. He looks charming and tall. Most of the girls squeals to see such a good-looking boy. Moreover this is a suburb place. Not many younger generation - especially the one with such face.

"Hello, my name is Son Youngtaek. Please take care of me. I hope we can be good classmate." He introduced himself.

Someone raise his hand to ask a question, "I thought you're Japanese?"

Youngtaek chuckled and shook his head as no, "I was raised there."

"Okay, class if any questions ask him later. Let's start our class." The teacher cut-off the introduction session.

Youngtaek looks around there's three seats are vacant. Both are at the back, one is beside the window and another one is next to it while the other one is in front of it. The students start whispering. Probably he should just sit next to window at the back.

"Don't sit by the window." Someone stop him from going there. Youngtaek looks at him, confused. There's two seats vacant by the window so why he can't pick one of them?

The person next to him nudge his arm, "It's the same either way. That cursed three the only seats."

Youngtaek furrowed his brows getting more confused. He wanted to ask but the teacher already start the class so he just sit at the seat at the second column at the last row since they're so against about sitting by the window.

🎳🎳🎳

The next day, Youngtaek going to school with a good mood. His classmates all friendly and help him with some lessons that he missed. However, this morning something is different in the classroom. There's a female student sit next to his desk by the window. She quietly look outside the window, doesn't give a care to her surrounding.

Youngtaek just sit at his seat quietly and greet some of his classmates that close to him. That girl turn her head to his direction. Their gazes locked. Youngtaek doesn't know why but her pair of eyes is intriguing him. Then the girl look away, emotionless.

Jaeseok, who sit next to him tap his shoulder. He say, "Don't talk to her. That will benefit all of us."

🎳🎳🎳

As a social butterfly, Youngtaek doesn't understand why Jaeseok said that to him yesterday. He also noticed no one, not even their classmates or schoolmates in general, talk to her. She also didn't said a word whole day. Why they makes her an outcast? Isn't that a form of bullying?

He suddenly heard sound of kitten meowing. He follows the sound come from. He scared a kitten is hurt and lost thus it need help. Even Youngtaek not own a cat as pet, he still love that animal. And he arrives at an alley behind the school.

What he see is surprising. He see the girl with a kitten full of blood. He run to them and grab her arm. The girl look up to him and a lone tear escaped her eye. However, her face still emotionless - like she doesn't has any expression.

🎳🎳🎳

Youngtaek still couldn't believe what had happened this morning. The last bell is ringing. Everyone is busy packing their stuff into their backpack. The class slowly empty until only two of them left. Youngtaek need to talk to her by today.

"You." He stand close to her seat. The girl look up to his tall figure.

"Ivy." He read her name tag. Her name is beautiful as her face.

"Can we be friend?" He offer a handshake.

🎳🎳🎳

It's been a week, Youngtaek been asking to be friends with Ivy. He thinks she is a nice person despite her unapproachable aura. She cried when try to save an injured kitten that day. For a whole week following her around, he found out how nice she is. It just their schoolmates probably misunderstand her.

"Here you are." He heave a sigh of relief. As usual, Ivy ignored him.

"Why you eat alone here? Why won't you eat in the cafeteria?" Youngtaek take a seat in front of her.

"But the field is having great scenery so I think it's not bad too." He much his sandwich.

"Ivy, why you don't want to talk to me? I saw you talking to a teacher two days ago. I want to hear your voice too."

Ivy put down her chopsticks abruptly. Youngtaek is surprised by her sudden action. She looks serious and gaze into his eyes.

"Don't they warn you to stay away from me?"

Youngtaek to surprise to even response to her.

"Everyone that close to me, will get killed."

🎳🎳🎳

After listen to Jaesok's story about Ivy past he finally understood why she said that to him yesterday. Ivy used to have two best friends. Three of them always together anywhere anytime. One day, the went to a picnic. Ivy was swimming in the river, and rain slowly fall to the earth. When she wanted to go out, her leg cramped and she almost drowning. Two of her best friend tried to save her. They saved Ivy but they couldn't save themselves from the big current and were wiped away by the angry river.

People blamed Ivy for not saving them. However, Youngtaek believe Ivy also hurt and sad by what happened. She must've blamed herself and shut down everyone from being close to her again. He sighed and solemnly walk to school. When he arrived today, Ivy is absent.

🎳🎳🎳

"No matter what, I still want to be your friend." Youngtaek block her path from walking out to the field.

"I know what happened but that wasn't your fault." He grab her shoulders.

A lone tear roll down to her cheek, "Do you think it wasn't my fault?"

Youngtaek is the first person not blaming her for what had happened. Everyone keep blaming her and thinking she's a bad luck to everyone near her. That's why she never try to justify herself. She also think it's her karma from her dead best friends.

"They saved you because they loves you. They won't blame you for what happened." Youngtaek reassuring her.

All hell break loose, she cried her eyes out and Youngtaek hug her and give a pat at the back to soothe her.

"Youngtaek, would you be my friend?"