Wannabe

Dedicated to yanagirenjiidealtype

Taylor Swift's song is playing on the radio while I'm driving. I hum along to 22 lyrics and suddenly it hits me. Today, I'm officially 22 years old, last year student, still single since birth. I wasn't sure what's wrong with me. It's not like I never interact with guy when in fact I have a lot of male acquaintance or friends.

I thought when I'm going to college I'll at least had a boyfriend since I'm too focusing on study during high school. I have above average grade and looking decent too. Probably because I'm not presentable or fashionable enough for my age. I always wear something oversized because it's makes me more comfortable. That's my problem, comfort over fashion wise.

I park my car at the basement parking. My friends asked me to come to shopping mall restaurant because they want to throw a party. That such a waste they could just wish me instead of wasting money to pay for the reservation. Why should we celebrate the day of we getting older?

"Happy birthday to you!" They sing the last line and I blow the candlesticks. Seven of them wished me happy birthday and gives me presents. I'm more than touched at how thoughtful and lovely my friends are.

"Make a wish!" Min urged me.

I close my eyes and clasped my hands together. What do I want to achieve at the age of 22? To fall in love. I'm a sucker for romance. My hobby is to read romance books and watching romcom dramas or films on repeat.

"So, what is your wish?" Nana wiggling her brows.

"What? You guys wanna be my genies?"

Shin pull a smug smile, "Indeed we are your genies for the day!"

I look at them in disbelief, "Nah, stop pulling my leg."

The most serious member of us, Hyeon speak up, "We just wanna do something for you within our capabilities. So, tell us please? Maybe it something we all can help?"

I gulped and makes eyes contact with each of them, "I want a boyfriend."

I close my eyes shut, waiting for them to laugh at me. Instead of laughter, I heard nothing. So, I slowly open my eyes, seeing them looks pleased. I'm not sure about their reaction because it's not something I expected. To be honest, two of us has fiancé, other three has boyfriend, another two just broke up, while me? Nuh uh.

"Oh god, my baby is grown up!" Min exclaimed.

Jae comes and hug me tight, "You're finally thinking about dating!"

The girls are circling and discussing about strategy to get me a boyfriend. I was totally left out because they won't let me has a say on it. They said I'm just inexperienced on the issue and better listen to them the so called dating expert.

🎳🎳🎳

"What are we doing here?" I look around with worry written on my face.

"You, Rin and me are going to blind dates tonight." Nana smile is so playful and it send chill down my spine.

"I haven't agree to it!" I protest but they won't listen and ask they hairstylist to start makeover me.

Nana broke up with her cheating boyfriend last week while Rin broke off her engagement because her fiancé's mother opposed their marriage. Me? Just SSB squad — Single Since Born. Well at least I'm happy to never feel what is heartbreak.

"Which blind date group?" Rin question Nana while flipping over the magazine.

Nana typing something on her phone with a smile, "Charm University students."