Don't Run Away

Dedicated to kingjibeom

It's true though that there's no such thing as best friend with opposite sex. There's always either one of them that has feeling for another. Probably they catch feeling because being too close. However, we can't deny the possibility that there are some male-female best friend in pure innocent relationship. Between me and my best friend, Kim Jibeom, I'm the one who fall for him.

I don't know how it's happened. Jibeom is younger than me. Two years younger exactly but that doesn't stop us from being good friends. We meet when I moved here three years ago. Her mother work at my parents' hospital as pediatric dentist.

"How can you and your brother so good in English?" Jibeom sighed as he flip the worksheets.

I smile at his ridiculous questions, "Jaehyun and me growing up in state. It's a given."

Jibeom wants to be a dentist like her mother since he was a kid. To further study in dentistry he needs to be good in English. One of the requirements is can read and speak English. That's why he always spending time in our home to study English. We will teach him English then he will help Jaehyun's Korean in return.

"He's growing up in States but his basketball skill really suck." He badmouthing my handsome younger brother. I just laughed knowing how true his words are.

"Don't tell him that. Our family really encouraging him to play basketball because honestly he really hate other sports. That's the only way to make him exercise."

Jibeom continue answering the questions in silence. I continue admiring his manly look. Both him and Jaehyun are the same age but they giving a very different vibe. Jaehyun in other hand looks like a pretty boy while Jibeom just looks matured in good way. That's right Busan boys really manly.

"Ji, you'll attend my engagement party?"

🎳🎳🎳

It's summer and it's raining heavily this past week. Korean hate summer the most but I love it. Probably because my name is Yeoreum which means summer and Summer is my English name. Mom said I born in a very beautiful summer day.

Before coming to South Korea, my family really close with the Choi. They're my parents best friend in university. My mother really want me to marry her best friend's son, Choi Sungyoon. I met him twice and to say he's a great guy is understandable.

Back in States, I agree without much thought since Sungyoon is a gentleman and of course visually appealing. Since our family finally want to reside in Seoul for good she thinks it's the good time for us to get engage. Sungyoon is five years older than me so he just agree with the marriage thinking we're a good match.

"You okay?" Jibeom ask while taking a vacant swing next to mine. He unwrap a popsicle for me and hand it to me. I take it and thanks him for the treat.

"How you know I'm here?"

He start to swing back and forth lightly using his feet. I'm back from meeting Sungyoon and discussing our engagement party that is a week away. He is so considerate when asking my feeling about it and he wants to make sure if I have a change of mind. He doesn't wants to be engage with someone's lover.

Honestly I don't know how to respond when in fact my heart belongs to someone else. Someone who's closer to me yet doesn't know my feeling.

"I was passing by."

The popsicle makes me feel a little better. He knows how much I loved ice cream. The fact he bought two makes me wonder if he really just pass me by with two popsicles but I don't care anymore. The coconut flavour totally refreshing.

"Ji, I think I'm going to do something crazy."

Jibeom looks at me in confused expression. I stand up and approach his swing. He stop swimming when I stand in front of him. He looks up at me when I devouring the last bite of my ice cream. I lick the liquid on the popsicle stick before throw it to the ground. Without a second thought, my lips on him.

🎳🎳🎳

After that accident, we both acting nothing happened. We kinda avoiding eachother because it's been five days he stop coming to our house. Me too, doesn't have a heart to explain anything to him after kissed him unexpectedly. Luckily, Jaehyun not sensing how weird this situation is. He believes Jibeom's white lies that he just lazy to come over. That's why Jaehyun come to his house instead. And he didn't even question why not me the one taught him.

"Sis, mom said don't forget to bring umbrella. The weather forecast told it's might rain this evening." Jaehyun said while munching his favourite toast.

I cradle my hot cup of coffee closer, "Yeah, thanks for the reminder."

"Does hyung going to pick you up?" He refers to Sungyoon.

I shake my head as no, "We will meet at the boutique. I don't understand why mom insist to have a designer dress just for the engagement."

If it's with someone I love I probably thrilled by this small things but no, I would rather have a normal dress and not a fancy party. Sungyoon and me are not lovers so nothing excite me.

"She just excited to be in laws with her best friend."

🎳🎳🎳

Well, the forecast is not accurate because it's still afternoon and it's raining heavily outside. Sungyoon going to be a little late so I just walk to nearest coffee shop while waiting. When I'm walking, a figure that I am very familiar is running towards me in the rain.

Jibeom.

I can recognise him anywhere. I stop in my track, couldn't move my feet. In a moment, he stand in front of me, gasping.

"I was looking for you everywhere."

In a second, I'm in his embrace. I'm too surprised that my umbrella that I was holding is now on the ground. We're under the rain, getting hit mercilessly. No matter how wet we are right now, my body only could feel how warm his body is.

"I don't know how I'm feeling right now but I don't want you to be unhappy. If the engagement makes me lost your smile, I would rather stop you from getting engage."

Kim Jibeom and me, hugging in the rain, warm in his embrace.

🎳🎳🎳

A/N: So, someone ask me if I can write 🔞 scenes. Well I don't know how old are my readers so leave a comment if you think it's appropriate to post sm*t in this book 😂 If there's a minor I probably won't write mature content. - Shxmn