Without You

a/n: Hello everyone! Sorry for the late update. I was sick after back from my short vacation. I tend to fall sick during summer 🥺 so, I'll try to update as much as possible during my rest days. Thank you for showing support on my books! Ily.

Dedicated to kingjibeom

Ahreum just a typical bookworm. She isn't the best students nor she's a bad at study. She still managed to stay in top 30 in her grade considered her batch has more than two hundreds students. People tends to label her as nerd but without the big glasses. She dressed decent even though it's not that fashionable.

She's an introvert but she still has a lot of friends around her. People tends to mistake introvert to always be alone when in fact they can love someone company when they're comfortable with them. However, there's a person who she really wants to avoid at all times - The Bully. It's probably her personality as Pisces that hate violence and loves peaceful surroundings. Sadly, she can't have that peace easily when Choi Sungyoon exist.

"Ahreum, there are some cardboard at the rooftop store could be use for the festival. Can you check it for me?" Mrs Lee, the homeroom teacher asking for a favour.

She nods her head, "Sure. I'll go check and update with the union later."

Mrs Lee smile motherly, "I know I can count on you Ahreum."

After the school last bell ring, Ahreum pack her stuffs into her bag and rush to the rooftop. Luckily, today has no union meeting if not she'll stay later than usual to finish her task. As she ascend the stairs, voices of giggles become clearer. She thought there are some students probably hanging out at the rooftop. She prayed it's better not the delinquent because she hates them.

She open the door and step outside then look to her right to only see something she really despise the most, bullying.

"You break the rules!" Sungyoon shouts at the poor guy on the floor. His fist already in the air, ready to sway and make contact with the victim face when it stopped midway when Ahreum shout a loud, "NO!"

Sungyoon stop whatever he's doing and turn to look at the disturber. He smirk smugly when it's non other than the his childhood friend, Ahreum. Yes, they used to be friends until they have different friends at school and fall apart. Ahreum start to dislike his attitude and Sungyoon finds it Ahreum isn't a fun friend anymore. Sometimes Ahreum wished she could get back her 'old' friend.

"You're lucky there's a saviour comes to the rescue." Sungyoon emphasize his word to the victim and he runs away from the scene.

Ahreum sigh in relief when she finally could save that guy from Sungyoon's punch. No matter how bad he is now, Ahreum relief at least Sungyoon still listen to her at some extent. He knows how much she hated violence.

"What should you do? My hand is itching to punch someone." Sungyoon walk closer to her.

She glare at him timidly, "You're helpless Choi Sungyoon."

He laughs at her remark, "Well, I can't hit girl so, I probably should find someone else."

He about to leave when Ahreum grab his forearm. Sungyoon turn to look at her and raise his left brow, questioning her action.

"I can help you."

🎳🎳🎳

Ahreum did this probably because a part of her heart still care for her childhood friend. Or maybe because of her humanity sense. She wasn't sure where she got that braveness to drag Sungyoon here. Furthermore, it's been years since they last interact with eachother.