Smosh Winter Games pt.1~7

~one week later~

Y/N POV

 *Ding-dong*

*Ding-dong*

*Ding-dong ding-dong ding-dong ding-dong ding-*

"Alright, I'm up!" I yelled to whatever entity was ringing my doorbell this early. I was having a nice dream about Damien and I...well...it was just a dream I wasn't happy to be woken up from. I looked down at my phone-5:30 in the morning!

*Click* My door opened. I was about to grab my baseball bat when I realized that a robber or murderer probably wouldn't ring my doorbell before breaking in. An angry Shayne flicked on my bedroom light. "Y/N what are you doing? Get up, the van's waiting for you!"

"Oh, crap!" I jumped out of bed, shooing Shayne out of the room so I could change. I grabbed my luggage, threw my phone and charger into my bag, and ran out the door. 

~outside~

I scrambled in, not really caring who I was sitting near as long as the heaters were working. (I know I'm a bit of a wimp, but SoCal can get kinda cold sometimes.) I clicked my seat belt and only now looked around at who I would be sitting by for the next two-and-a-half hours. I was sitting in a bench-style seat near the front of the van, squished in between Joven and Damien. I blushed, smiling weakly at Damien before pulling a book out of my bag. I flipped to a random page and buried my nose in the book, attempting to hide the blush that was rapidly creeping onto my face. Great, I thought, just great. Sitting next to a guy I had just had a sex dream about, for two whole hours. What else could go wrong?

~a bit down the road~

I sighed and put down my book. This was only as awkward as I made it. Turning to Damien, I made my best attempt at a warm, non-awkward smile. "Hey, how's it going?" I said, and internally facepalmed. Why didn't I just say hi when I got on the van? He probably thinks I'm so wei-

3rd person omniscient POV (basically 3rd person but you can hear everyone's thoughts)

"It's going well, how about you?" Damien smiled, happy to be talking to anyone (the last 30 minutes had been pretty dull), especially Y/N. 

"I'm cool. Watcha reading?" Y/N looked over at the thick, heavy book in Damien's hands. 

"Oh, actually Shayne recommended this one. Promise you won't think I'm weird," Damien said, blushing a bit. Y/N couldn't really tell as she was working so hard to hide her own blush. 

"What makes you say that?"

"Well, it's one of his old psychology books. It's all about serial killers and"-he cleared his throat and scratched the back of his neck-"psychology..."

"Are you serious?" Y/N said, becoming suddenly animated, "I thought I was the only person who found that stuff interesting! (A/N sorry if you don't, I just needed a topic for this conversation and it was what was on my mind.) Which one are you reading about?"

He reopened the book to the page he had been on, skimming to refresh his memory. "Dennis Rader."

"Ooh, BTK?" She questioned. "That's cool. Y'know, I used to live in Wichita. I was born right around the time of his last murder."

Damien's eyes bugged out a bit at that, not because he was weirded out, but because she seemed so nonchalant about it. "That sounds terrifying."

"Not really. I mean, in the long run, I'm not dead."

Damien chuckled at that. "You got me there." (Though it might sound like they were having a normal conversation, they were both blushing. Neither of them realized it, though, as both of them were also finding it harder and harder to maintain eye contact through their nerves.) Meanwhile, Shayne sat back in his seat and smiled. Damien had questioned why Shayne wanted him to have that book when they had picked him up earlier, but now, the blond was sure he was figuring it out.

All was going well (as well as things could be while talking about serial killers), until Joven decided to butt in. "I just find it amazing how narcissistic serial killers are."

"Yeah," Y/N said, smirking, "coming from our resident narcissist that's pretty high praise." Damien snorted and tried to hide his laughter as Joven sputtered, turning red at Y/N's ministrations.

"Narcissist? How am I narcissistic?"

"Look in a mirror, Sherlock. Narcissistic is just a fancy way of saying you're full of yourself." Joven sat back in his seat, pouting. Shayne, still the ever-observant one, looked on, hoping they would continue. Unfortunately, Joven, as he often did, ruined a conversation by sharing his opinion. He was a nice dude, he just didn't get social cues very often.

As both Y/N and Damien went back to their respective books (both admittedly a little sad that the conversation had been dropped) Shayne sighed. He might need a little more help with this "matchmaking" thing.

A/N sorry this is kinda late, guys! I spent a lot of time rewriting, and I had pretty bad writer's block as well. Next chapter is the beginning of the games, though. It's gonna be like an AU kind of because I have neither the time nor energy to research Smosh Winter Games 2017. Really, the only thing that will be the same is the team names. Also, next chapter Shayne does something that might make Damien madder than when he threw away his golden cat.