•冬•

Namjoon stared down at the snow falling at his feet, hearing their whispers in his ear as they blew through the wind only to gather at his brown, faux fur hiking boots

Namjoon stared down at the snow falling at his feet, hearing their whispers in his ear as they blew through the wind only to gather at his brown, faux fur hiking boots. The alpha looked away from the bridge across the icy-cold waters, sighing to himself at how the city had changed so much in his short twenty-two years of life on this earth. He had used to go sledding here, when the waters of the river came to a halt and froze together in a smooth, seamless blue surface, tantalising one to live out their secret ice-skating prodigy dreams only for them to realise that ice-skating wasn't that easy and subsequently crushing said dreams.

And now, the Han river rarely froze up completely, due to the rising urban growth of bright, metropolitan Seoul. On the bright side, at least less kids would have their ice-skating dreams crushed.

He himself had once aspired to be one, and he was actually pretty good at it until he found something called literature and his dreams suddenly changed to be a writer, and here he was. One bestseller and his second still in the drafts, waiting to be picked up where last left off once Namjoon overcame his writer's block, which he still hadn't, if he were to be honest.

What he did know, was that he wouldn't do to just stand there and just stare out at the dark waters like he was expecting something to happen, someone to jump, someone to come save said drowning person, that sort of thing, while likely by all means, wasn't exactly the most enjoyable thing to see right on New Year's Eve started, so before any suicidal person came about and ruined the start to his new year he walked off in the direction of the Times Square, where the countdown was held.

It was busy, as expected. He knew some people stood there for hours just to get a good spot and he was definitely not one of those people, having too many thoughts occupy him to remember details like that. Plus, he was tall, so he could see just fine from where he was.

People around him had food and drinks in their hands, eagerly munching away at freshly fried hot-dogs or steamed fish buns to keep themselves warm as the cold air bit away at their skin. Namjoon, on the other hand, didn't fancy taking his gloveless hands(he couldn't find the other side so he just gave up and decided not to wear them) out of the pockets in his oversized black coat, regardless of the fact that he was feeling a little peckish and the bitterly freezing wind felt like it was trying to strip the alpha of all skin, warmth, and happiness.

There's still five minutes left.

Still reluctant to take his hands out of his pocket to browse through his phone or pull out his earphones, he leant against the spotlessly clean walls of the convenience store he was in front of, closing his eyes and letting the noisy chatter of the individuals buzz around him and fill his ears. It calmed him somehow, the fact that he was surrounded by so many people. He had read somewhere it was a sign of high-neurosis so that was probably it.