Chapter 1

Astrid's POV

I sat on my chair by the window looking out onto the garden. The garden that holds so many happy memories. A memory of when I was younger came to mind. It was the one when I was running around the garden like a lunatic when my mother and I were playing games together. I ended up in the water fountain as I wasn't looking where I was going. That was funny, I remember laughing so hard my stomach hurt! Although I wasn't laughing when my mother caught up and scolded me because I had ruined my dress. The dress was hideous anyway so I was quite pleased when it was discarded.

At the thought of my mother, my happy memories started to leave as the sour images appeared.

The image of when the royal guards arrested my mother and dragged her away from me as she begged my father to help.

Then the scene of her standing on the platform and the noose draped around her neck. The platform was like a trapdoor. It would fall from beneath her feet so the rope would wrap around her neck tightly to prevent her from breathing.

The noose replaced the necklaces that once hung around her neck. Her dead body was taken from the noose and dropped carelessly to the floor. Unfortunately she was facing me, looking at me with her dead eyes that were once filled with love and happiness. It was like she was staring into my soul. That image stayed for a while.

I could never erase the look on my mothers face when she begged my father to help her. But he just stood there. He stood like a statue watching her petrified face. I would always remember when she told me she loved me for the last time. She looked heartbroken. Heartbroken that this was the last time she would see me. Heartbroken this was goodbye.

As the traumatic flashbacks finally disappeared. I realised I had tears streaming down my face. I hastily wiped them away as my older half sister Rapunzel burst through the door looking very angry. "Oh Asty" she said. Asty was the nickname she had given me when we were little and it had somehow now stuck. "I guess you have already heard the news" she said, a sad expression masking the angry face that had been there before.

"What news? Has father died?" I asked rather hopeful.

"No he hasn't died" Rapunzel sighed.

I sighed in disappointment.

Then I realise my sister had called me Astrid. She only ever called me that when it was something serious.

I stood up, "Tell me what it is sister, Is our father divorcing his new wife Alexandria because she cannot give him a son?" If this was what Rapunzel had come to tell me I wouldn't be surprised. This would be the third wife my father would've disposed of.

My sister took a deep breath and shook her head, "Sit down".

I sat.

"What is it then?" I asked.

"He's-"

I cut her off. Something clicked in my head. I knew what Rapunzel had come to tell me.

"I'm not surprised that Alexandrias time as Queen has come to an end. Oh well, I wasn't fond of her anyway. How will she be executed?"

"What no! She's not being executed." Rapunzel said shocked.

I was quite confused.

"Is her majesty with a child?" I questioned.

"The news I have come to give you has nothing to do with the Queen."

As I was about to say something again Rapunzel held up her finger to silence me.

She looked at me sympathetically as she kneeled down to take my hands in hers. After taking a deep breath, she said

"His majesty the King has arranged your marriage to the Prince of Berk" she finally announced.

"WHAAAAT!"

So this is the first chapter! What do you think? Is it boring? Not descriptive enough? Too descriptive? Should I continue?

I know the punctuation is not perfect so sorry about that. If there are any questions or there is something you don't understand please let me know!