Chapter 6

Astrid's POV

One week later

"Rapunzel stop pushing the luggage over!" My father roared.

Today was the day of departure and the servants were trying to load the cases onto the boat but it was difficult because this was the fifth time Rapunzle had purposely knocked over the cases.

Splash

"No! Those were my finest dresses!" The Queen screeched.

My sister walked over to me with a mischievous grin.

"What was that splashing noise?" I asked.

"My perfectly evil plan coming together" she replied with a devilish twinkle in her eye.

"And my I ask what your perfectly evil plan is?"

"To cause as much trouble as possible!" Rapunzel said proudly, "So I dumped all of the Queens best dresses into the ocean!"

"And what is the purpose of your plan and ruining the Queens dresses?"

"So our father will get fed up and not bother sail to Berk. Then you can stay here with me!" She explained.

I smiled. My dear sister was causing chaos so we could be together. I gave her a thankful hug which she gladly returned.

"We both know he is adamant about sailing to Berk" I said a sadly, pulling away from our hug.

"Well then he'll get fed up with me and leave me at Berk as well"

We hugged again but it was interrupted by my fathers heavy footsteps approaching us.

"Oh look, the bastard is here" I muttered, unimpressed. "You better go", I said to her.

Rapunzel nodded and went to face the wrath of the angry Queen and her sodden dresses.

My father approached me and laid a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"I'm proud of you Astrid, you know that right".

I ignored him and turned away unamused. He wasnt proud. He couldn't wait to get rid of me!

"We will visit you in Berk, my dear".

I turned to face him, "I do not wish to see you ever again. But I will be needing visits from Rapunzel".

His face faltered in disappointment but nodded his head.

Why did he look disappointed?

He corrected his expression and instructed me to get ready for departure.

I rejoined Rapunzel and waited for the wooden plank to be lowered from the ship so we board the vessel.

As we were about to step out onto the plank, our father stopped us.

"Rapunzel, you are staying here"

"No I don't think so" She replied calmly.

"Well I think so and you will do as I say".

Rapunzel glowered in irritation but managed to stay calm, "Why must I stay here?".

"You are staying here because you were causing trouble with the luggage. I cannot put up with anymore nonsense" He responded, pinching his nose in annoyance as if the answer was obvious.

Well you plan backfired didn't it Punzie

My sister didn't say anything, she just glared at our father, grabbed my hand, held her head high and boarded the boat.

My father looked at Rapunzel in disbelief, unsure if he should protest and get her off the boat or just leave her be. But he decided that he was in charge and that it was he who made the final decision and was not to be pushed around by his daughter. The King stepped onto the plank to forcefully remove my sister but stopped dead in his tracks when he saw what was in his eldest child's hand.

In her grasp was a notebook and from the look on my fathers face this particular notebook must of been very important. The book was a deep blue colour that matched my eyes perfectly and had gold detail that resembled my hair. I then remembered that this notebook was not his but it was in fact mine! My fathers notebook was the same blue colour but it had white detailing on the cover instead of gold like mine. Besides, it was always stuffed it into his drawer on his desk that was securely locked and put of reach from my curious eyes.

My sister was using the notebook as blackmail. I found it quite hilarious that my father had let Rapunzel have her way because of a notebook that actually belonged to his youngest daughter and was not his. Of course he hadn't realised this.

I then thought how suspicious he acted. He had stopped dead in his tracks when he laid eyes on the book. What was so important about his notebook that was still locked away in his study?

I shook off my curiosities and held out my hand for the notebook. By now my fathers attention had been diverted, sure that Rapunzel wasn't accidentally on purpose going to drop it into the ocean, to his dramatic wife who was still complaining about her eldest stepchild's meddling antics and whining about how she was required to receive new dresses immediatly. Rapunzel handed me my notebook,"You left it in your drawer in your bed chambers, I figured you'd want to bring it with you" she said softly, "I know how important it is to you".

I knew that she knew how important it was to me. It was important so I was kicking myself on how careless I was to forget about it. How could I of been so stupid to leave it in my bedchambers?

The notebook was infact my diary. An important diary held many secrets and stories that I wished to remain private. No one knew how important it was to me except my sister, everyone just thought it was for additional work that was set by Lady Buckby.

I hadn't told Rapunzel about the importance of the diary, she had caught me writing in it once, tears pouring from my eyes like a waterfall. It was the evening of my mother's execution, just hours after her life was stolen. Rapunzel knew my beloved mother had given the book to me and that I was writing down my emotions that were exploding in my mind.

My mother had given the book to me because she knew I wouldn't have many people to talk to once she had passed. She was the one who I told everything to.

Of course I told my feelings to Rapunzel as well, but it was mainly my opinions on the new stable boy that the maids were dreaming about or about the delicious deserts the cook had prepared for a party. And usually it was Rapunzel letting out her problems to me, which were mainly about how she was bored and had nothing to do.

My mother told me the book was something I could vent my feelings too. She knew how I would react after the execution so she gifted it to me so I could express myself without hurting anybody. I could lash out at it, I could scream at it, I could cry at it, throw it against a wall instead of a vase or I could just write down my thoughts and emotions.

"Thank you", I replied taking the diary back into my safe keeping, "I don't know what I would of done without it".

Rapunzel didn't say anything, she just smiled softly.

As I was about to say something, the deep rumble of the horn made me jump. The horn finally stopped after a period of time and the booming voice of the captain rang loud and clear across the bustling docks.

"We are ready for departure!" He announced.

shit.

I'm so sorry I haven't updated! As I mentioned before, school started last week and it really drains you! All I wanted to do was sleep when I got home lol.

Anyway! I will try to update at the weekends but I won't make promises that I might not be able to keep.

How are you guys doing? Good?

Last thing, I finally decided to download Discord! My tag thing is PugLove#8779. Add me on there if you like!

Until next time!