Chapter 2

"WHAAAAT?!"

Astrid bolted up from her seat and scanned the room, looking for something to throw at the wall. She spotted a vase and charged towards it. Knowing what she was about to, Rapunzel grabbed the vase and held it away from her furious sister.

"Astrid please calm down!" Rapunzel pleaded.

"CALM DOWN?!" Astrid screeched, "HOW AM I MENT TO CALM DOWN?!"

Astrid snatched the vase back but didn't throw it at the wall. She had a new idea with what to do with it . She stormed out of the room and rushed down the hall.

"Astrid? Where are you going?!"

Rapunzel picked up her dress and petticoats and ran down the hall in a very unladylike fashion as she chased after her sister.

Astrid POV

I was fuming

How dare my father arrange my marrige with a total stranger!

As I charged down the corridor I thought of how I could murder my father, slowly and painfully. He deserved it after everything he had put me through.

I wondered if chucking the vase at his head would kill him but I concluded it wouldn't be enough to crush his thick skull. I then thought about how I could use a broken shard of the vase and slowly pierce it into his stomach and watch him writh and screech in pain.

As I considered the options I had, my murder plans were interrupted by my sisters demands.

"Astrid come back here!"

"I am only going to talk to our father" I replied although we both knew I wasn't just going talk to him.

"Asty you cannot see out father while you are so upset. Gods knows what you'll do to him!"

My older sister took a deep breath before saying, "I understand your pain Asty but-"

"But! You do not understand anything!" I snapped.

By now near by maids had stopped their work and tried to listen in on the argument.

Knowing that the maids like to gossip and spread rumours, my sister grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me into the nearest room.

"I do understand" Rapunzel said, "I know what it's like to have your mother torn away from you."

"But did you see your mother being dragged away by guards?" Astrid asked calmly, already knowing what her reply would be.

"No, but I remember having to say goodbye just like you had to" she said.

"But you frequently receive letters from your mother" I retorted.

Rapunzel stayed silent.

My reasons to feel angry tumbled out of my mouth like water crashing down from the top of a waterfall.

"You never has to see you own mother be strangled to death?"

Silence

"And you will never have to live your life knowing that you mother was innocent. That she was hanged for no reason" I concluded as the tears pooled in my eyes.

Rapunzel sighed in defeat.

"Your right" she finally said. "And also I dont know what it is like to have my marrige arranged to a stranger. You have every right to feel angry"

I quickly blinked my tears away before they got the chance to over flow.

"Now that this conversation has ended, may I please talk to father and finish what I intended to do?"

"And was your intention to throw the vase at his head?"

I didnt say anything. I just smiled innocently.

Thoughts on the chapter? Do you think the story is going to fast?