Chapter 9

"Oh my god she's going to be sick!" The Queen squealed, "Rapunzel, you cannot ruin anymore of my dresses!"

Yep. Rapunzel had gotten travel sick. Again.

"Will you stop going on about your dresses?" The King asked irritably, "I already said I would buy you some more my love".

Finally, the carriage halted. Rapunzel could finally get some fresh air and the King would no longer have to listen to the three women bickering.

"Oh thank the lord" Rapunzel muttered as she hastily stepped down from the carriage, completely ignoring the young man who had offered his hand to help her step down.

"I don't know how you are going to cope on the way home" Astrid said.

"Oh I'll be fine!" Rapunzel reassured, "I will get used to it seeing as I have to make this trip often to come and visit you".

"Maybe Astrid will have to travel to Corona instead" the King piped up, "I can't have you being ill every time we come to visit".

"Well maybe you should leave me here, saves you from having to hear the Queen and I argue" Rapunzel hinted.

"That would be lovely" The Queen muttered under her breath in hopes that no one would hear her.

The King rolled his eyes at his wife and turned to Rapunzel and said, "Nice try, but you know I need you to stay in our kingdom. We have ambitious ideas to plan dont we Rapunzel?"

Ambitious ideas? Maybe they were planning to better the kingdom and finally sort out the horrendous financial crisis Corona was facing.

Just after the King had ended the conversation, a well dressed gentleman had come outside to greet them.

He bowed politely and spoke, "I have come to escort you to his Majesties throne room".

Astrid's father nodded and proceeded to follow the man. He offered his arm to his wife which she accepted, and turned to make sure his daughters hadn't done a runner while he wasn't looking. They were still there and followed their father to wherever they were being lead to.

After a short time walking, they stopped outside some large doors that were opened by two guards. The doors were open and the family were introduced.

"Your Majesty, King Augustus of Corona and his family".

The family stepped out in front of the Berkian royal family and bowed in respect. King Stoick rose from his throne and went to greet his friend. By now Astrid had lost focus and scanned the room for her fiancé.

And then it happened....

His green eyes met her blue ones.

The Prince smiled at her gently.

"That's him" Astrid whispered to her sister.

Rapunzel nodded "What do you think? I think he's pretty cute".

Rapunzel then noticed Eugene.

"The Prince also has a very attractive friend." Rapunzel commented.

Astrid rolled her eye and looked back at the Prince. She could agree that the Prince was cute but she wasn't going to admit it out loud.

Astrid studied him a little more and then spoke, "He needs a haircut".

Hiccup looked at his fiancé, still not quite able to believe she was actually here. He smiled, noticing all of the little details he couldn't see in the portrait or through the window.

"Stop staring at her, you'll make her uncomfortable" Eugene hissed in his ear.

"I'm not staring at her" Hiccup replied, "I'm just taking in all of her beauty".

Eugene rolled his eyes, "You haven't even spoken to her yet your already smitten with her".

Hiccup ignored him and pointed out his future sister-in-law.

"That's her sister" he said, noticing that Eugene had turned to see who he was talking about.

Hiccup watched as Astrid's sister made eye contact with Eugene. She then looked him up and down, made eye contact again and the winked at him. Astrid jaw hung open at her sister's action while Eugene just blushed.

"I'm going to go and talk to Astrid" Hiccup said.

"Ok, but I'm coming with you, to make sure you don't embarrass your self".

Hiccup nodded and looked at his fiancé again. She had regained her composure from witnessing her sister flirt with Eugene and was waiting for Hiccup to introduce himself. Hiccup took a deep breath a stepped off of the raised platform where the thrones were sitting. But because he wasn't looking where he was going and was too focused on Astrid, he missed the step and fell flat on his face. He groaned in pain and could hear the two girls giggling. Eugene grabbed his arm and yanked him up.

"I said not to embarrass yourself, now you have made your self look like complete fool!" he hissed.

Hiccup cleared his throat, straightened his jacket, and strode towards Astrid with the little confidence he had left.

I know this chapter isn't very long and not the best but I promised to update and get Hiccstrid to meet.

But I need ideas on what they should say to each other without it being too awkward. I had a go at writing it but it turned out really bad and I didn't want to disappoint you guys. Especially since I know some of you have been looking forward to there interaction with each other. So if you have any ideas please comment them! And of course I will give you complete credit for it.