Chapter 0 - The Blue Rose Blooms

Blue Rose - the blue rose represents something impossible to accomplish, something unattainable that will only remain a dream that can never be realized.

In a delivery room in Vale, Summer Rose was going into labor for another child, "Just one more push, Mrs. Rose." The doctor said as Summer screamed in pain, but as she made her final push, she could hear the baby cries, "Congratulations, It's a healthy baby boy." The doctor congratulates Summer as he wraps the newborn in a blanket and gives him to Summer who was beyond happy. The boy looked just like her and Ruby but only one difference, instead of black hair with red tips, its black hair with blue tips and silver eyes, but she didn't care that his hair is not like hers, what matters is that he's her son, "Oh my little rose, my little blue rose."

The door opened and Taiyang entered the room, "Tai, we have a son." Summer told her husband as Taiyang smiles and walk towards them, "He is so cute, hey son, I'm your dad and I promise that I will be the best father you could ever have." Little did he know that his own promise will never be kept.

"What did you name him Sum?"

"Let's name him... Sage." Summer said proudly as Taiyang smiles.

"Sage... That name means 'wise and knowing' I like it. And I suppose you want him to take the name Rose?" Tai asked as Summer smiles as she then said, "If you're okay with that."

"I don't mind, Sage Rose it is."

Summer then had a happy thought, "Just wait until Ruby and Yang sees him."

"I'm sure they'll love him." Tai agrees.

Timeskip...

Summer and Taiyang left the hospital and headed back home with their new son. When they walked in they were greeted by Qrow who was babysitting Ruby and Yang, "Hey guys, so this is the little guy?" He asked as Summer smiled and said, "Yep, his name is Sage. My little blue rose." Qrow chuckles as he then said, "Well, Ruby and Yang are in their rooms either playing or just doing nothing."

"Tai, can you get the girls to please?"

"Sure." He then walks upstairs to get his two daughters as Qrow approaches Summer and Sage as he then pokes his nose a bit, "Well Summer, I have to get going, call me if you need anything from okay? See ya later Summer."

"Bye Qrow." She waved him goodbye as Qrow waved back and with that, he left.

Meanwhile with Ruby and Yang, two are playing with their dolls and their playtime was interrupted by Tai opening their door, "Ruby, Yang." The two sisters turned their attention to their father, "Come meet your baby brother." The two of them smiled as they stopped what their doing and headed downstairs to see Summer on the couch holding Sage in her arms, "Hi girls, say hello to your little brother, Sage." The girls then ran up to them with joy as they adored his cuteness, "Aww~, I'm a big sister now!" Ruby said with joy as Yang then lightly poke his nose as she then said, "Hey little brother!" Sage's eyes slightly opened as he then saw his family adoring him then he let out a very cute laugh making them adoring him more.

As they were having a happy moment together, Tai watched from the bottom of the stairs, smiling but unknowingly to him and the others, a spark lit up inside him but not out of happiness but instead, anger.

Meanwhile from the outside, a stranger wearing a red leather coat, black undershirt, black pants, slightish black boots, fingerless black, and blue gloves, and with a palm-tree haircut leaning at a tree watching the happy moment, he smiled at it as he then teleports away.

To be continued...

Next Chapter - The Withering Blue Rose, Red meets Blue