Chapter 8 - First day

After Team SPR's test with Sonic and Shadow, Sage was in the courtyard with Ozpin and Glynda Goodwitch, "Sage, I never got to introduce you to my assistant and combat teacher, Glynda Goodwitch." Sage looked at Glynda and offered her a handshake, "Hello Professor." Instead of accepting the handshake, Glynda paced around the young boy, seemingly examining him. She took the blue rose out of his back and examined the scythe, "I must admit, you fight well for one so young."

"Uhh... Thanks?"

"Now, I must ask. Who taught you to fight like that and who gave you your weapon?" Glynda asked and Sage then made a huge smile as he then answered, "My father taught me how to fight while my uncle Sonic trains my speed department." Ozpin and Glynda knew he was being honest but Glynda still wasn't certain about having him stay, "Oz, Mr. Rose is a great fighter but he's too young." Sage felt offended as he crosses his arms and puffed his cheeks, "I know, but he has the potential to become one."

"But sir-"

Ozpin slightly raised his hand as he then said, "You saw the same as I did, he has great potential especially the Pure siblings and not to mention, Sonic and Shadow have been assigned to be their guardians." Glynda then looked back at Sage who is looking through his scroll and eventually gave up as she sighs and gave the weapon back to Sage, "Just, try not to cause any trouble."

"No promises." When Sage said that Glynda made an audible groan as she walks away, "Sir, permission to go to Vale?" Sage asks Ozpin as the headmaster then said, "Permission granted."

Sage smiles as he then walks away, only for him to regroup with Team RWBY and the Pure siblings, "Hey guys, you searching for me?" Ruby then said, "Yep." Sage then notices Shadow walking away, "Where's he going?"

"He said he's going to train hard to beat uncle Sonic." Yin answered as Sage facepalm at what his uncle did, "This again? He never gives up about that does he?"

"Nope!" Rosetta immediately said and it made Sage shook his head, "I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting hungry." Yang said as she held onto her stomach, "Me too." Yin said as she did the same, "Well, let's head to the cafeteria!" Sage said as he uses his semblance towards the cafeteria, "Do you even know where you going?!" Weiss shouted at Sage making him go full stop as he runs back at them and shrugs at them in embarrassment. 

Meanwhile with Ozpin and Glynda, "Oz, is it wise to let a little boy like Mr. Rose fight Grimm?" Glynda asked as she is still having doubt about Sage, "I'm still on the fence about it but when I look at his eyes and his skills, he seems to have experience and with the Pure siblings by his side, Mr. Rose can overcome anything." 

(Small Timeskip)

Team RWBY and SPR arrived at the cafeteria to eat when they were joined by RWBY's good friends, Team JNPR, "Oh hey guys! Sage, Pure sisters, these are our friends Jaune, Nora, Pyrrha, and Ren."

"Yo!" Sage greeted as he gives them a two-finger salute.

"Hello!" Ruby/Rosetta greeted.

"Whatcha doin'?" Yang/Yin greeted last as Team JNPR's faces show shock and surprise that they're another pair of Ruby and Yang, "Before you ask, no. We may look like Ruby Rose and Yang Xiao Long, we are not blood-related, just look-a-likes." JNPR nodded signaling that they understand it.

"Anyway, your fight out there is awesome." Jaune compliments the speed trio, "You saw our initiation?" Rosetta asked, "Yeah, half of the school saw it." Pyrrha told them.

Then suddenly, the ginger-haired girl named Nora energetically ran to Sage, "Hi, I'm Nora! Do you like pancakes?!" Sage had a single drop of sweat on the side of his head, "Uhh... Yeah, I do." Nora smiles widely as she pulls Sage into a back-breaking hug, "I KNEW IT! WE ARE GOING TO BE BEST FRIENDS FOREVER!!!!" The last guy known as Lie Ren stepped forward and pulled Nora off of Sage from the bone-crushing hug,  "Sorry about her." Sage then stood up straight as he popping his back, "It's fine." Team JNPR joined them for lunch as they all shared stories about their adventures to get acquainted with each other. The Pure siblings immediately took a liking to each of them and knew they were going to be good friends with them.