Confrontation

Xiao Zhan's POV:

"Hey Zhan" I look up from my laptop to find the ever charming Jun knocking at my office door "where do we set up our base?"

Ah yes, I forgot that it's today that they were shifting their base here. Leaving my office, I nod and they all follow me onto the second floor of my penthouse. "I hardly ever come to this floor so you can enjoy all the privacy you need."

We reach a door at end of the passageway. Opening them, I step aside and grin when they gasp. The room opens to the biggest view of the ocean one can ever find at a high raised building.

"This is beautiful" Sean's eyes take in the wonder before him and I smile. Walking closer towards the floor to ceiling window, I turn around and welcome them to use this room as their base.

"Wait! Why aren't you using this beauty as your office?" Drew enquires and I shrug "When I had to decide on a place of residence, the relator showed me this room and the one below, which I use now as my office. I was mesmerized by both their views. One is calm the other is light. I on the other hand am more of a nocturnal creature like an owl and at night my office appeals to me more because of the twinkling citylights. The ocean is dark at night and thus I couldn't be here. No one uses this part of the house anyways. You guys are free to roam around and treat this place as yours except" I look into each of their eyes to make my point "my office. That's off limits."

It does not go unnoticed by me that BoBo is avoiding any kind of eye contact with me.

Oh well.

"Zhan?" Sean calls out.

"Hm?"

"When we checked this place out to fix the CCTV cameras, we counted you have 8 bedrooms, theatre, game room, gym, music room and your office. Ofcourse we have the living room, dinning room and kitchen" he walks a bit closer to me "don't mind me asking but why does one single person need such opulence?"

I smile at his question. It wasn't odd but I indulge him nonetheless. "Are you always comfortable with your teammates being around you all the time?"

"Yes, ofcourse. Why won't I be comfortable with them?" his answer makes me chuckle and I nod "Precisely. You're used to them being around you and thus you're comfortable" I wave my arms around "I am used to living a life of a loner. Why won't I be comfortable with a place that gives me utmost solitude? I bought this place with only one intention and that is to be away from people. This house right here gave me what I needed. The best part of this place is even the house below is empty and thus I have always been amidst peace."

"What? Why is the house below empty?" Adrian enquires and I blink. Didn't they know?

My eyes seek JC who shrugs and I look at Adrian "Cause I own the penthouse below too" at my answer they gasp and Jun points a finger at me "Wait a minute! You not only own this house but the house below too? You mean a house which is exactly like this? Same amount of rooms and floor plan?"

I nod again.

"Who reside in that house?" Drew enquires and I shake my head "No one. It's been locked since the day I bought it."

"Wow" Sean walks a bit closer to me "when did you buy these two houses?"

I ponder and then answer "Probably when I turned 18 and decided to live on my own" it wasn't a big deal for me. I used to anyways often backpack to the woodlands where my parents owned a cabin. It was my solace and an escape from human touch.

"What the -" Sean is cut off by Jun "So your parents never owned this house?"

I wish.

"No, they didn't" walking around to inspect if they could experience any discomfort here, I continue "Have you heard of the Red Cloud Mansion?"