Chapter 1

[ No Prologue ]

A u t h o r ' s  N o t e 

Hey Guys. Diya here. This is my second book. You all can read my first book "The Perfect One"  which is available on my Wattpad page. 

This story is an original concept. Any similarities with other stories are highly coincidental. 

I hope you all enjoy reading this and shower the same amount of love you'll do on the previous one. 

Each chapter will be written based on the point of views of the two lead Shehnaaz and Sidharth.

S  H  E  H  N  A  A  Z

I woke up in a daze as the sunlight fell upon my eyes through all little space left between the new white curtains in my room. I rubbed my eyes and searched for my specs on the side table.

After, a little effort I found them. I got up after a while, yawning. As I picked up my cell phone to check the time. It was 9:00 a.m. I wished I could go back to sleep but, that wasn't possible. Mom and Dad had asked me to be ready by 11:30 a.m since we had to go visit our new neighbours 'The Shukla's'.

We shifted to Mumbai just a week back. We lived in Chandigarh and now for Dad's betterment and success in business we shifted to Mumbai. I was happy like any other 18 years old to move into the new city.
I had just passed the 12th grade and was planning to pursue graphic designing.

Well, I'm extremely ambitious. Mom says I inherited it from Dad. Talking about my ambition I aim to be a graphic designer
Someday I wish to have my own label or company.

Well, putting my ambition on a hold for a while I decided to get up and go for a bath.

"Shehnaaz, hurry up you can't be late when you just have to go to the next house," said mom as I was busy trying out a new font and design on my new iPad air pro.

"I'll be there in 5 Mom" I shouted back as Mom and Dad already left to go at the neighbour's place.

I quickly grab my cardigan over my pastel tank top paired with boyfriend jeans.

I entered the house next to mine. It was quite huge for a flat in Mumbai. As I entered the house. I saw my mom & dad sitting with another couple. Well, they seemed to have gotten together well already.

Mom and the lady are bonding over some bruschetta recipe and Dad and the uncle are bonding over the stock market. Mom saw me coming. She smiled and asked me to sit with them.

To be honest,  all of this formal sitting makes me puke but, I guess mom loves it the most.

"That's my daughter Shehnaaz. Pursuing Graphic Designing in ISDI, Mumbai. " my mom said to Mrs Shukla.

"Hi Shehnaaz," said Mrs Shukla as I fake smiled at her.

"So yes she is super talented. At the mere age of 18 she has already collaborated with an IT company and designed one of their headphones outer surface" said mom.

"Wow, that's amazing. Sidharth too is extremely focused in his career. I mean all the kids in this generation take studies not very seriously......." Mrs Shukla.

Well, I couldn't take these too mothers boasting their kid's skills to each other. I guess I'm just too over the cliche conversations. So I decided to excuse myself and visit the washroom.

"Aunty, please can use the washroom," I said as I smiled at her.

"Sure, this way " she pointed out.

I got up and went there. I open the door and found a guy already sitting there with the mac book on his lap.

"Ohhh Damn! I'm sorry I said as I shut the door right back.

"Hey, hey listen " I heard someone call me out. It was a Guy. The same guy whom I walked into in the washroom.

"Hey, I wasn't pooping. I was just using my laptop" he said.

"Yes sure, isn't it the best place to use the laptop?"I questioned back.

"Dude, my mom wanted me to socialize with our new neighbours and trust me like, no offence but, I think this the most awkward way that you can socialize. So I thought this was the only place I could hide and play my game," he said with a wink.

"You do realize, I'm the new neighbour" I smiled at him curiously.

"Oh well, yes " he scratched his neck in embarrassment.

" I'll agree to you though, we share the hatred for these formal socializing " I smiled back.

"You'd like to have some drink?" he said.

" No thanks I don't drink," I said.

He began laughing hard. I was confused and furious at the same time. Did I joke? No as good as my humour goes, I was not definitely joking.

"You think drinking is cool," I said looking at him being ridiculed.

" Well before you start *Drinkingisnotcool" conversation. Let me tell you my mom is too against drinking you know after my aunt and her, of course, her sister battled cancer. So yes, here is the choice red bull or orange juice" he said as he smiled and raised his eyebrow.

"Orange Juice " I smiled back.

" Wow! Alright " he said.

"What was the "wow" about" I questioned.

"At least someone in the world chooses orange juice over red bull like me "he smiled as he poured orange juice out of the jar into two glasses.

As I take a sip from my glass. I make out our moms having "they have gelled well" conversation.

I looked at him he gave me a fed up smile signalling at then with his eyes.

Later on, we all had dinner. I had a great time there with Sidharth. We had a lot in common. Relax Guys, I have absolutely zero plans in dating him. Even best friends have a lot in common right?

I got back home. Okay well, here's a little secret about me. I always act like I'm an open book and I hate cliche stuff but, I maintain a diary. A digital one so that nobody can have access to it. I write to it every day and I will only give access to a person who I'll complete trust with my feelings.

Shehnaaz's Digital Diary

Dear Diary,

As I told you yesterday. Today I had a formal socializing meet with our neighbours but, you know it was much better than I expected it to be. I met Sidharth. Sidharth Shukla. You wouldn't believe how we met but, apart from that this 6 feet 2 inches guy is damn funny. Not gonna lie, he seems to be a damn secretive person but, you know a little mystery is always good. I would want to the mystery behind his huge bunny smile. Guess what he is the first person who chose orange juice over a red bull. Amazing right? I'm looking forward to meeting him again. We could be great friends. Would love to hang out but, of course, I'm not going to be the one to ask him. I'll wait for him to ask. Anyway, I'm feeling sleepy now. Gotta go.

XOXO
Shehnaaz  :)