Chapter One

Marinette ran over the crossroads into school just as the warning bell rang. She squealed a little as she scurried up the stairs and into the locker room. She'd stayed up most the night talking with Chat Noir on the Eiffel Tower. It had gradually became a regular rendezvous and she looked forward to it immensely each day. It was fair to say their relationship had grow substantially since she had became the Guardian.

Time for her "normal life" had become increasingly awkward, along with relationships. She'd split with Luka after only two weeks and just didn't have time to consider Adrien as an option anymore. He'd made it clear he was in love with someone else, and she believed that to be her good friend Kagami. She didn't even have the time or patience to stutter around him anymore.

Making it worse Hawkmoth had intensified his powers with the unification between the butterfly and peacock Miraculous, meaning their akuma battles changed from finished in a few minutes to lasting a couple hours. Chat had put into place a training schedule to make sure they had the stamina to out last the akuma's and so far it was working.

They'd get up early and run laps around the city and then have regular sparring matches in the evenings to perfect their combats skills. Their lives truly revolved around each other at the moment, and Marinette couldn't be enjoying it more. The cat had finally made his way into her heart and had become solace in her abnormal life.

The bell finally rang and Marinette sprinted to class. As she reached the door she grabbed the frame and swung herself into the classroom, and unfortunately straight onto the floor. She groaned as Nino and Adrien rushed to help her up.

"You ok Marinette?" Adrien asked sympathetically.

"Of course. I'm used to it." She brushed herself off and made it to her seat besides Alya. Her Kitty would enjoy this story later, he loved hearing that his perfect Lady was a clutz under the magical suit.

As she slid onto the bench Alya was grinning at her. "What's put that smile on your face?"

Marinette instinctively placed her hands each side of her mouth and felt the dents that had appeared in her cheeks. Why was that dumb cat suddenly making her heart run wild?

"Oh, just a friend I hung out with last night." She said whilst grabbing her tablet from her bag.

"Hold up!" She tapped Nino on the shoulder. "Have you two heard this? Marinette has a secret friend she hangs with."

"Dudette, that's so not cool!" Nino responded. He knew his girlfriend would want him to respond the same way as she did, where in truth as long as his friend was happy, he was happy.

"It's ok to have other friends Mari, don't listen to these two." Adrien came to her rescue again, maybe because he was also thinking about his secret friend he hangs out with almost every single night. Smart, caring, sophisticated, beautiful, a bug ...

"So who is it?" Nino continues to question.

"Well we know it's not Luka ..." Alya begin before Adrien jumped in.

"How do you know that?"

"Well, me and Luka haven't been together for about three months now." Marinette replied.

"What?" Adrien and Nino exclaimed at the same time.

"If you boys actually spent some time with us you'd know this!" Alya said exasperated. "I mean Adrien you spend more time with Kagami now than you do with Nino."

"Hold up, my man hasn't seen Kagami in months either."

"What?" Marinette shouted louder than she had intended, "I mean ... what happened?"