Chapter Thirteen

Marinette threw her phone against her chaise and let out a tribal scream.

"If he wasn't so cute, I'd kill him! I could do it you know. Lucky charm him out of existence." Marinette growled to Tikki. Tikki giggled at the very angry bluenette.

She carried on her pacing when she heard a light knock at the skylight. She didn't even need to look up to know who was up there. At that moment she'd quite happily go for an akuma. She began to wonder if Hawk Moth could do one on delivery. Uber Akuma's had a nice ring to it.

"Go away, Chat!"

"Marinette, please let me in!"

"I'm being ... what did you call me ... oh yeah, bossy and conceited. So no you can't come in." Marinette knew she needed to talk to him, but a quick guilt trip wouldn't hurt, right?

"I was talking about Ladybug. Marinette, you mentioned my butt to them all. How do you think I feel?"

"No, Adrien," she spoke his name like venom, "I spoke about Chat's butt. I'm the only one who knows that's you, remember. Oh and at least I didn't call Adrien 'easy', you do realise what all the guys at school will be like tomorrow now. If I wanted any help getting a boyfriend I would have preferred it if a good friend of mine didn't call me easy."

"Boyfriend? Mari, no one is going to be your boyfriend." Chat was loosing his cool and the thought of cataclysming the skylight was becoming increasingly tempting.

"And why not? Is there someone wrong with me?" She replied back, harshly.

"Mari, seriously just let me in so we can talk. I've been an idiot since the day I met you and it's about time that I put all that right."

She moved up her ladder and opened the skylight, moving out the way to let him jump in, as he'd done many time's before. Then the thought hit her, he'd been coming here as Chat. He'd seen her pictures of Adrien ... wait he'd seen the pictures of himself. Marinette groaned as she made her way back down to her computer desk and banged her head against the table.

"I am so sorry Mari, please believe me."

She pulled out her design book and began to draw.

"Drop the transformation, Adrien. If you're going to talk to me at least do it without the mask." Chat called off his transformation leaving Adrien standing in his place.

This was the first time they were together as their complete selves and the electricity buzzed in the air. Plagg flew over to Tikki and they both went and hid. They knew exactly what explosion could happen next, they may seem gentle and soft as Adrien and Marinette but their alter-ego's would always battle to win.

Marinette put on her best 'Adrien voice'.

"Why have someone difficult when you can have someone easy?"

Adrien placed his hands on her shoulders and spun her around to face him.

"You know that's not what I meant." He sighed, "I'm just horrible at making jokes, you know that more than anyone." She looked at him as if for the first time, this was the boy she was hopelessly in love with flaws and all. He crouched down to her level and held her hands in his. A surge of love coursed through his veins as her hands tightened around his.

"Mari, you know I didn't mean anything by it. I was just pretending, you know playing a game, obviously I playing it shockingly bad."

"Well your a damn good actor, Kitty." She gave him a small smile.

He stood up taking her with him and looked deep into her eyes.

"So this third guy, eh? Are you in love with him?" Adrien's lop sided smile embedded into her brain. This smile was all for her. Personal and private.