Chapter Ten

Gabriel left not too long after the photographs of Adrien and Marinette were completed and he seemed genuinely impressed with what Marinette had to offer.  She showed initiative as a designer and had a face for camera, though she was a few inches too short to make it as a leading model, Gabriel would be more than willing to use her again.

Adrien was outside Marinette's trailer waiting for her to finish getting changed. She'd put on a tremendous display and he'd loved modelling with her. She was always so much fun to be around. Well, apart from a cheeky pun he'd made, which was replied to by her small sharp elbow placed into his ribs.

Once Marinette had finished changing back into her normal clothing she gave Tikki a cookie and a wink.

"I need to speak to Chat soon. Do you think you could sneak to Plagg and tell him to get Adrien to meet me in an hour on the Eiffel Tower? Tell him not to tell Adrien why though."

"You're actually going to do it, Marinette?" Tikki's eyes were gleaming. One of her favourite things as a kwami was when her ladybug and Plagg's cat finally got together. It was such a magical moment.

"I am. Well, I'm going to have a little fun first. We'll call it pay back for every time
I've been called 'just a friend'." Finally Marinette was ready to go and face her partner in anti-crime. They had one question left before the assignment was complete.

Tell your partner a secret.

Marinette opened the door to see Adrien in a conversation with a tall, blue haired boy. Luka. She walked over to them feeling slightly uneasy. What was he doing there? Placing a very Marinette smile on her face she said hello to Luka before being pushed to one side.

"Back off, Marinette. I don't want you stealing another one of my men." Lila had joined the group, linking arms with a shocked Luka. This must have been the plan Lila had come up with, Marinette knew she wouldn't just leave the day without trying to Get her angry.

It made sense considering she was silent during the shoot, although after what Adrien had told her about the threat he made she very much doubted Lila would react whilst Nathalie was around.

"Lila, I'm not your man. You told me to meet you here because you wanted to learn the guitar." Luka looked at Lila. He remembered what Marinette had told him about Lila. Of course, he didn't believe her. After all Lila had always seemed nice.

Bingo, Marinette thought, we've caught her in a lie ... again. She'd obviously asked Luka here to cause some friction between herself and Adrien.

Lila looked between Marinette, Adrien and Luka. The look in her eyes told them she was trying to come up with something; and fast.

"Lila, this needs to stop." Adrien spoke first. After his conversation with Marinette earlier he knew there would be no better way to show his loyalty to her than by standing up for her now.

"I don't know what you're on about Adrien?" Lila looked over at Luka. "He's been this way ever since I dumped him. He just can't seem to let me go."

"Lila, we all know that's not true, Adrien's never been with you." Marinette glared at Lila. As much as she wanted to remain calm around her, she just could not tolerate anyone who told lies.

"Lila, the melody coming from you is erratic. Are you sure you're telling us the truth?"  Luka looked the girl over. Perhaps he'd got this one wrong, after all it wasn't like Marinette to lie.

"Oh so now the girl who dumped you to go after someone more famous, is who you believe? I can't believe you'd do that to me." Lila did her best fake tears before running out the room. Luka went to follow her but was stopped by Marinette's hand on his arm.