~ chapter one ~

Emilia took a deep breath before walking into the school on the first day of the school year, hoping that this year may finally be the year that she would see the amazing colours the world had to offer. even though Emilia was only 17, she still hadn't seen any off the colours, which for some people was uncommon, Emilia felt as if she was the only person  still remaining to see colours, even though she knew that wasn't true, living in a world that didn't allow you to see colours until you meet your sole mate at times was rather hard, yet at the same time it saved you the heart break, of thinking you found the one when you really haven't.

As a young child, she was always imagining the best she could,  the wonderful moment when she would finally see colours for the first time, and what it would be like . Emilia tried to imagine what the sky looked like whenever she was playing 'what shape is the cloud'  or what colour was the sea when the sun strikes it ,  as is it setting for the day , while  her family was taking strolls along the beach, or even what colour the  birds were whenever they flew under the sun at dusk.

She could quite clearly remember that day when she was six years old. She was sitting on the lounge floor playing with her dolls, On this day she had the chicken pox and  had to stay home. Her older brother Ethan came home with a wide grin on his face, telling their mum that he could finally see colours, there mother sighed, you see a year prior to this moment their father had been diagnosed with a rare type of cancer that only a few people in the world where known to have, and wasn't sure how long left he had to live, once he had passed, he wouldn't be around, meaning that their mother  would lose her ability to see.

You see in this society, as soon as you lose your soul mate,  whether it be not being near them,  or whether it be them passing away, you lose the ability to see colours.  And you go back to seeing black and white as the colours are no longer there to brighten up your world.

Emilia had hoped that by the time she was the same age as her brother she would be able to see colours. However by the time she  was sixteen, she hadn't seen the colours, and now she had turned seventeen she was still waiting to see colours.

-Page Break-

Just then something jumped on her back catching her out of her thoughts. "Seeing colours is just amazing," her best friend Madison said, hugging her.
Just then Emilia noticed a by standing next to her friend Madison. "Um Madison who's this,?" Emilia said, questioning the boy next to her, who she had never seen before. "Him? Oh, that's Jake, I met him while I was at summer school," Madison said with a grin stretching to the two lower corners on her face. "He helped me see colours."
"This is going to be a long year," Emilia said to herself, as she walked into her next class, hoping that this may be the year she sees colour.