nine : A perfect date

Raven

"They did what!?!" I ask,not believing what I heard.

Edward and I had been out of the academy for a month, attending to some pack and rouge business and had returned on Saturday afternoon. Currently, all of us were having a lazy Sunday brunch at a diner near the academy, trying to catch up with the things Ed and I missed when Nichole filled us in with the details about what happened during the elementalist's exam.

Shaking my head at the two girls to my right I said " I left you for a month and you both literally created a storm."

"I wanted to see it." Edward said sounding a little dissapointed.

"I've got you covered" injected Noah-Elliot suddenly, saying "That video got me the most likes on YouTube"

"you did WHAT?!" Leah jumped into the conversation.

"Gosh, Lei Lei" said Noah "I'm not crazy to show that these two(pointing at Sia and Ikara) raised the storm. It's just the video of the tornado meeting a rainbow"

"send it on the group, Eli" Kai said, smiling like a child as our server started filing the table with variety of food.

"So",Ikara started "what happened out there?"

"Rouges in our territory" Edward started "Raven's pack members were also present with his Alpha Sebastian. Dad wanted us to look into the matter."

"so,what happened?" Nicole interjected

"Apparently Alpha of the Blue Moon Pack was being blackmailed into an alliance with the Rouges" I said "we had to track everyone down, and narrowed to 3 base camps."

"Did you find them?" said Siara looking at me.

"yeah, but the main ones escaped. We could only capture and interrogated those children and old people they left behind."

"That's pathetic" Ikara commented "Who leaves their pack members behind?"

"but what's amusing is" I gave Edward a look but he smirked and continued "one of the older wolves tried to bribe Rave into reading his future in turn of letting her go."

"And did you let her go?" Kai asked me.

"of course not" I replied "although she read by future anyways"

"Apparently there is an onset of a storm" Edward said, humour laced in his voice.

"well, at least no one tried to seduce him" Leah commented.

Oh no.

"About that.. " Edward said and started laughing. And I was looking everywhere but at my friends.

"some one did?!" Nicole said, throwing her arms around me "oh, my poor baby."

"it's not funny, guys" I retorted "just eat" soon the conversation went back to the Rouges.

"so Ed,how is dad and uncle James?" Ikara asked her cousin.

"both of them were quite worked up about the situation. Dad has a meeting with the council,so he is in the capital, he said he will visit us before going home. Uncle Luke is handling the pack right now" replied Edward.

"it must be hard" Siara started saying "I know that your dad was-"

I couldn't hear more as the smell of rich pinewood and lemon evaded my nose.

Mate.  I heard my wolf growl. As I looked at the bunch of people entered the diner and we're taking their seats across our table.

"is that the one?" Ikara whispered as she looked in the same direction.

I turned to her noticing how happy she was for me. Soon others caught on what was happening and stopped their conversations.

"go on,buddy" Edward nudged me and Kai nodded.

"um, Rave",Leah said out of the blue "whatever happens,we are here for you."

I wasn't quite sure what she meant until I looked over at the table. More like at the two people sucking  each other's faces.

Clenching my jaw I made my way to that couple. Clearing my throat,i spoke up "Can I speak to you?"

The girl, looked at me, then at the guy, who nodded then got up, following me outside.

As soon as we were out of sight, I went in for a hug, trying to calm my restless wolf, only to be pushed away slightly.

"Dude, what are you doing?!" was the question I was asked.

Frowning, I replied "I don't know if you have noticed, but we are mates.. "

"that is not possible!"

"excuse me?" I said with disappointment.

"this must have been a mistake, I am already with someone for Heaven's sake"

"that girl from inside?" I asked looking at my mate, who nodded. To say I was shattered wasn't enough. "what are you going to do with her now" I asked with a hint of hope.

"what do you mean? do you know who I am, or who she is?!" he said "She is the heir of the Blue moon pack from the Castor kingdom."

"so?"

"so? I need a strong Luna for my pack. And you're delusional if you think that i am going to choose a beta over her."

"what about love?" I asked hurting my wolf more in the process.

"what about it" he said plainly.

We don't need someone who doesn't want us. I heard my wolf saying.

Will you be okay?   I asked him cautiously

We will. Was the reply I got

"Then do it,mate." I said looking in his eyes.

"I, Caleb Rivers, the alpha of Redmoon Pack from Castor Kingdom, reject you as my mate." he said giving me a bitter look and left.

"then I,Raven Sonders, the future Royal Beta of the Castor Kingdom, accept the rejection." I whispered at last releasing my breath,walking back to the car where others were waiting.

------------------------------------------------------
Hello lovelies,

It's a short chapter, I know.
But what do you feel about this?

Don't forget to vote or comment and share with people who would like it! 
I'd love to hear from y'all.

Until then ;)