Chapter 6

I slowly came back to reality, fluttering my eyes open as the light from the window danced across my face. It felt hot, it felt nice. I sat up, grabbing my forehead slightly when a sharp pain struck it. My head was hurting, a fucking lot. I then pulled the sheets away, noticing that I was in the outfit I'd chosen for yesterday's party. It then suddenly hit me. I passed out yesterday when I tried to get to Kate before I- Kate!

I leaped out of bed, feeling very dizzy as I did. But I didn't have time to think about how I felt, I had to see if Kate was alright. I swayed towards the door, and out in the hallway, almost falling, but reducing the fall with Victoria's door. She won't be very happy to hear a loud thud coming from her door this early in the morning. I quickly moved on and used the wall as a support to keep my heavy body from falling as I slowly made my way towards Kate's door. When I'd reached it I knocked on it, loudly. "Kate? Kate! Are you in there? Are you okay!?" I kept on banging on the door, causing one door to open. It wasn't Kate's door though, it was Victoria's. I leaned my body onto the door I stood by as I turned my head towards Victoria's door frame. I tensed up slightly when my gaze was met by Nathan Prescott's stern and blue eyes. "Can you shut the fuck up? It's 9 o'clock on a Saturday." I swallowed, looking down before swaying slightly to the right, almost falling. Nathan, however, quickly held his arm out to catch me, pushing me towards the wall again. "God, why are you even up? You should be in bed, resting. I literally had to carry you back to your dorm because you passed out on the party yesterday." I looked up at his face with wide eyes. Had Nathan Prescott, the spoiled guy that hated everyone and everything, carried me home yesterday? Why would he do that? "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be such a nuisance, I shouldn't even have went to that party yesterday. I felt like shit all day." He furrowed his eyebrows at me before raising one of them. "Then why did you go?" I leaned my head against Kate's door, pointing at it. "To protect her, I don't want her to go missing like that Rachel Amber girl." Nathan 's eyes widened and he tensed up for a second, but he quickly went back to his emotionless expression. "You know, Kate was totally out of it yesterday, I even took her to the hospital after I'd left you in your room, so she must me sleeping right now. She must be exhausted."

I nodded, trying to push myself off the wall, but wobbling in the spot as I did, causing Nathan to once again push me towards the wall. "God, so stupid. Why did you leave your bed, just to check in on your friend, when you can't even walk properly?" I looked at Nathan, who now grabbed my arm, putting it around his neck before walking me to my room. "I'm sorry..." I didn't know why, but I really felt the need to apologize to Nathan, even though he felt a bit odd. He didn't answer though, but I could feel him tensing up slightly once again. He just led me to my bed before letting me sit down on it. "Can you even stand properly without falling?" I shrugged before pushing myself off the bed, swaying to the left, and then right, before sitting down again. The adrenaline kick I'd gotten from having to know what happened to Kate must've made me ignore the dizziness.

"Jesus." Nathan then looked down at my floor, and at the clothes that laid spread out on it. "You should really clean up." I looked over at him, and he looked back at me, smirking slightly. "You never know when you'll have a boy over." I rolled my eyes, sighing before moving to the middle of my bed, laying down. I winced slightly in pain when a throbbing pain emerged in my head. It hurt like a bitch. "You okay?" I raised one of my eyebrow at Nathan who now stood by the end of my bed, crossing his arms. "Yeah, I'm fine, I just felt like wincing all of a sudden." I gave him a closed eyed smile, but when I opened my eyes and he looked at me with a blank expression, as if trying to read my mind. I just swallowed before sitting up. 

"What's up?" He sighed before shaking his head. "God. Stay here." He exited the room, leaving my door open. "It's not like I can walk anywhere right now, and can't you at least close the fucking door or something?" I let out a loud sigh before pushing my upper body off the bed, sitting up and leaning against the headboard. It was really odd, the whole thing with Nathan. He generally behaved like a spoiled prick, but he had some slip-ups where he actually could be kind of sweet. I certainly had a hard time judging his character, and I usually had no problem doing that what so ever. That's why I try not to make any enemies here at Blackwell, because there aren't many people that's got ill intentions here, but there are a few individuals I try to keep my distance from. Like Mr. Jefferson for example, there's something off about him and his pictures. I get what Max are obsessing over, they are artistic. But I get a weird feeling when I'm looking at them, as if they're just a cover-up of some sort...

"Here." I was suddenly pulled out of my thoughts when Nathan entered my room, throwing me a jar of pills. "What's this?" He shrugged before closing my door slightly, walking over to my chair that stood by a desk, turning it around so that it was facing the bed. "Just something for the headache, it should take away some of that dizziness as well." He sat down, leaning back into the chair before closing his eyes and sighing. I grabbed two pills from the jar before popping them into my mouth, swallowing them with the help of some water I had by my bedside table.  I then looked over at Nathan. Why was he being so nice to me? I had to know. Did he want something? Did he make a bet with someone? What was up with him?

"Hey, Prescott, why are you being so nice to me all of a sudden?"