Chapter 3

"So, what did we do?" I sighed, stuffing my face with the waffles I'd ordered that'd just arrived at our table. I had to get some energy if I was going to tell them about my encounter with the brat.

"So, yesterday... No, today, at around 00:30 I went over to the boys' dorms because I had to talk to Warren, but the door was locked so I called him so that he'd come out to open it, but he didn't answer his phone, so I decided I'd go back to the girls' dorms because I was freezing since it was cold out and it was raining. However, the girls' dormitory was locked as well and I never bring my key. So I called Max two times because I knew that she was awake, and then Victoria once, but neither of them answered. I was outside for about 40 minutes before someone came, and this someone happened to be Nathan fucking Prescott. The guy literally must have a pole up his ass or something. He was so rude, so I told him that he really were... Memorable before walking off. And today he looked at me, and he looked really pissed off while doing so. So because of you two I've now officially got someone who really dislikes me on Blackwell. And this someone just happens to basically own this whole fucking town." I leaned back in my seat, sighing and facepalming as I thought about yesterday. He can literally turn my life into a living hell, I didn't even think about that.

"Hey, it's okay (Y/n)." I removed my hand from my face as Warren spoke. "Basically everyone in this town dislikes Nathan and his family, and Nathan literally dislikes the whole town apart from Victoria and a few others, so there's nothing to be worried about." I smiled at him before looking out the window, sighing. The thing is that I'm not sure if I dislike Prescott yet, he might've not made a great first impression, but I'd like to think that everyone's got their bad moments. And it's quite sad to live in a town where everyone dislikes you, it must be really lonely. But I definitely won't be the one who approaches him first, unless I'm in a life or death situation.

"Yeah, I guess you're right..." I sighed before stirring the spoon in the cup of tea before me. My phone then went off, it was Victoria. "Is it okay for me to take this? It's Victoria, she might wonder why I called her yesterday." I asked the three of them, and they all just nodded, so I accepted the call.

"Hello?" "Hi, (Y/n), I just wanted to ask you why you called me in the middle of the night, and I'm sorry that I didn't call back. I had Nathan over and he declined the call for some reason." I sighed, of course he did. "No, it was no big deal, I just wanted to hear if you could let me in because I went for a walk and didn't have the keys to the girls' dorms, but Prescott let me in when he left." She let out a small "Good." and I could almost hear her nod on the other side. "So, (Y/n), there's another vortex party today, and I just wanted to check in with you and see if you're still coming?" I sighed slightly. "I don't know Victoria, I feel kind of tired, and I think I'm about to catch a cold or something. My head is hurting quite a lot so I don't really feel up for partying today." I looked at Kate who was facing me, and she looked quite disappointed. I'd already asked her if she wanted to come with me to the party, and she'd agreed since she'd been feeling stressed lately.

"Hey, Victoria, can you hold for just a second?" She let out a small "Mhm", and I put the phone towards my chest, blocking the speaker. "Hey, Kate, I can ask them if it'd be okay for you to go even though I'm not there if you want." She looked at me, and then at Max and Warren. "Do you really think that'd be alright-" I nodded, and so did Warren, Max on the other hand seemed a bit skeptic. "Who's going to protect her if she goes on her own?" I turned my head towards Max, nodding. Rachel went missing on one of these parties a few months ago, how didn't I think about that. "That's true, I can ask Victoria to supervise Kate, she won't be able to babysit you as much as I would, but she could be keeping an eye out for stranger danger and stuff" I smirked at Kate, and she smiled back, shaking her head. "I really don't need a babysitter, all I want to do is to relax, I won't do anything bad." I sighed, glancing at Max. Neither of us felt good about this, but I don't think I'd be able to go to the party, and if I know Kate she'll probably go to the party whether I ask them or not.

"Okay, Kate. I'll ask them if it's okay, and I'll go with you, but I'll probably have to leave early, and I'll feel better if you leave when I do. I don't mean that you can't take care of yourself, it's just that after what happened to Rachel Amber..." Kate smiled, nodding. "I know you're just looking out for me (Y/n), and that's exactly what I like about you. You care about me because we're friends." She flashed me a closed eyed smile, causing me to smile back. I then raised the phone to my ear once again, talking to Victoria. "Hey, sorry about that Victoria. My friend convinced me to go to the party. I was just wondering, is it okay if I bring her as well?" I smiled when I saw Kate talking to Max and Warren, she seemed so excited. Victoria let out a small "hmm" as if she was thinking, but I already knew that she'd let Kate come with me. "Alright, it's okay for you to bring her." I smiled, nodding. "Thanks Victoria, see you later in class." She said goodbye, and so did I before we hung up.

"Hey, Kate, we'll be leaving today after school at around 8. Make sure to pick out something great to wear."