Chapter 14

I took a deep breath, shutting the door to the red pickuptruck before looking back towards Nathan briefly. Why did I even accept doing this, spending a night on the beach with Nathan Prescott. I went around the truck. Nathan said he had some more blankets somewhere in his backseat, which we definitely would need tonight. I opened the door and immediately smiled. Found them. I grabbed a blanket and furrowed my eyebrows before looking towards Nathan once again, he said he had a couple, but there were only one. A sigh escaped my parted lips as I was about to close the door and return to him, but something caught my attention. My gaze fell down onto the leather seat when I noticed a few, barely visible scratchmarks of some sort, as if someone with long nails had dug them into the seat. I kneeled down, inching closer to the marks to inspect them. There were nail polish in between the cracks of the leather. Light blue. Where had these come f-

"Hey, (Y/n)! I'm freezing, have you found the blankets yet?" I flinched, jumping up before quickly closing the door and hurrying towards Nathan without thinking back at the scratchmarks. It was probably nothing, it could be from Vic- I stopped for a split second, shaking my head before walking towards Nathan again. I shouldn't be so nosy all the time, and besides, it hurt to think those thoughts for some reason.

"Yeah, I found the blanket. You know you only had one left, right?" Nathan gave me a disapproving glance for a second before shrugging. "I'm pretty sure I had more blankets but okay, you can have that one." He gave me a quick smile and I felt my heart sink slightly. I felt bad and disappointed for some reason. I sat down next to him before putting the blanket over the both of us, smiling at him. "It's fine, we can share. It'll be warmer this way as well." I giggled slightly, not looking at Nathan's eyes as I was feeling slightly embarrassed by saying that. I don't know why I said the last part of that sentence, god I'm making a fool out of myself. 

I laid down, turning my back towards Nathan and laying my head on my arm, snuggling into it slightly. I then heard Nathan shuffle slightly behind me, probably laying down as well. When he did, however, the blanket flew out of my grip, only covering Nathan now. I raised my head, looking back at Nathan slightly. "Err, Nathan?" He let out a small "Hm?" before looking back, widening his eyes slightly. "Oh, sorry." He gave me part of the blanket, and I pulled it so that it was covering me, but it flew out of his grip now. We both giggled slightly before we turned our whole bodies towards each other. "I think we have to stay slightly closer, if that's okay with you of course." I gave him a closed eyed smile, trying my best to not think about my now red cheeks. "Of course, it's only so that we both can be under the blanket so it's fine." I scooted slightly closer to Nathan, shivering slightly when I could feel his breath on the top of my head. His chest was just a few millimeters from my face, I could smell his cologne. I closed my eyes, tightly, shaking my head. I'm such a weirdo, just don't think about that stuff.

My mind went blank and I fell asleep, I don't know why but it was easier tonight, must be because we've been walking around and doing stuff. Yeah, that's it.

I heard voices all around me, two to be exact. It was an older man voice and a younger guy, they were talking, arguing perhaps. The voices seemed familiar, yet so unfamiliar. I tried to open my eyes, but the blinding light caught me off guard. I tried to adjust my pupils to the white light, but they couldn't constrict enough. I flinched when the sharp pain was felt in my neck, and I tried to scream, but it was useless. I opened my mouth and let air out of my throat, but it all just came out as a slightly more aggressive sigh. I then slowly blacked out, but before I did I noticed a new pair of eyes, they weren't blue. They were brown. 

I quickly sat up, breathing heavily as I grabbed my neck. The stinging feeling was gone, but it felt so real. My mind went black for a second before the brown eyes popped up in it. Why were they brown all of a sudden? What did I miss? Is this some sort of a sign? Why is this happening to me? 

"What the fuck is wrong with my dreams!?" 

I flinched when I felt something moving on the blanket next to me. Right. Nathan and I spent the night on the beach. I looked back, meeting Nathan's now open eyes, they looked drowsy, so I can just pray that he didn't hear what I said. I get that he's easy to talk to, but he seemed to have a soft spot for the whole Rachel Amber thing, so I would try to not bring it up. Not yet at least.

"Oh, I thought I heard you yelling about something. What's up?" I let out an awkward laugh, trying not to give an obvious reaction to Nathan's deep and drowsy voice. I shook my head. 

What. 

Am. 

I. 

Thinking. 

There's nothing special with his voice, nothing alt all. It's just Nathan's voice, that's all.

"Err- I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you. I just have the worst pain in my neck, I'm so sorry." Nathan giggled softly, causing my heart to skip half a beat. "Yeah, my neck hurts as well." He grabbed his neck before tilting his head, exposing it. I looked at it for a second before quickly looking out over the sea. I didn't know why, but for some god damn reason my cheeks were heating up and my heart were beating weirdly. Something's off, and it has been since yesterday. Since we talked about things. Since we began to hang out as (Y/n) (L/n) and Nathan Prescott. Since Nathan let me sleep just millimeters from his chest. I shook my head, I have to stop thinking about it. I then nodded, clenching my fist in determination as a new goal appeared in my mind.

Something's definitely wrong with me, and I have to snap out of it as quickly as possible.