Middle of Nowhere (part 9)

Harry POV

Harry woke up as the car came to a sudden stop.

"We're here boys!" Niall shouted.

His eyes took a moment to adjust to their surroundings. They were in a clearing in the woods, just enough space for five tents. In the middle of the clearing there were rocks in a circle, where you would put a campfire. Harry could also hear the faint sounds of waves. They must me by a lake.

"Alright this is what we've got." Zayn announced, dropping the new camping supplies on the dirt.

"Ok, we've got 3 chairs, 4 tents, 2 marshmallow rods, and 3 buckets." Liam recited, "What are we supposed to do with that Zayn?!"

"I'm sorry a'right! I was in a rush, and everyone was staring me down."

"Whatever. Ok, who's going to bunk together?" Everyone eyed each other, not wanting to take one for the team.

Harry locked eyes with Niall, the only one he still talks to, and with a nod of his head the decision had been made.

"Harry and I can bunk together, since we're the only ones who still talk apparently." The Irish lad said with a roll of his eyes.

Niall and Harry set off to set up their tent, while the others put up theirs.

~

Harry glanced over his shoulder at the three boys sitting around the fire. Zayn has gone to the lake, and it was as if they didn't realize Harry was even missing.

With that realization, he took off in the general direction of the lake. Not paying attention to where he was stepping, he tripped on a tree branch.

He fell down a hill and through a bush, rolling right into the lake. Great, he thought, now I'm alone, cold, and wet.

All of a sudden he heard loud laughter, and looked up to see Zayn wiping tears off his face from laughing so hard.

Harry's face turned a deep shade of red as he realized Zayn had seen the whole thing.

The two sat in silence for awhile until Zayn decided to break the silence.

"This is going to be a long weekend innit?"

"Yeah. A long long weekend."

"...Congrats in everything man! I've heard some great things about you."

"Yeah, thanks. And congrats on becoming a dad! You and Gigi will be great parents."

"Yeah yeah thanks."

"Are you happy Zayn? With Gigi I mean. You seem really happy."

"I am Harry, I really am. She's great, she's always been there for me, and she just brings out the best in me." And with that the two started talking as if nothing had happened.

~
Louis POV

Louis started to become worried, since Zayn and Harry has been missing for about two hours.

Just as he was about to go look for them, they both appeared behind the bushes.

Zayn was glowing, and Harry had a dimples smile plastered to his face. How he missed seeing that smiles. He just wanted to poke it, and kiss him gently, and— No. He can't be having these thoughts!

Thankfully, Liam announced that the food was ready.

He'll just have to talk to Harry later.

———————————————————————
Authors note:

This was unedited!! Sorry for any mistakes.