IV

I am having the best dream about fighting a flock of chickens when I hear a huge thud and wake up. An angry teacher looms over me with a spanish dictionary and I pout in confusion and anger. It was a good dream!

"Why are you sleeping in my lesson Miss Frost? You may be new but it's a universal rule not to sleep in class."

And it should be a universal rule not to ruin good dreams but you still did. You don't see me getting angry.

"I did the work." I grunt out and rest my head back on the desk.

"Repite eso en español." The teacher says. Bitch I'm prepared to repeat history and send you to the moon. Don't worry you'll beat the Russians this time.

"Hice el trabajo." I answer, loud and clear in my mother tongue. Skanky snake.

The teacher looks at me, slightly caught off guard and I smirk, turning my head back towards the desk.

After that, the teacher leaves me alone but I can't sleep anymore.  I hear an evil laugh and look to my right to see a dude laughing at me. Rude. He sounds like a villain.

His brown red hair looks fiery in the natural light and his blue eyes glow with mirth. I, like usual, lift my brow and wait for him to calm down.

"Didn't you just join school?" He asks me once calm enough although I can tell he's still amused.

"Yeah today actually. Your point?" I ask completely not understanding the merriment in that.

"You're already sleeping in classes and telling Spanish teachers off like nobody's business."

Because it isn't anyone's business. "Umm... I mean you're right I guess. I'm Athena."

"Nathan Griffin and this is Silas."

I turn to look at Evil laugh's friend to see a huge pile of muscle. Dark brown hair and eyes remind me of a bear as I take in the well built man. I recognise both of them from when I was with Sang but don't bring  it up.

"Little one you cause way too much ruckus." The Silas bear man smiles with a carefree attitude.

"I'm not little I'm literally wearing platform shoes!" I exclaim feeling the need to defend my height.

Bear man chuckles deeply at that and shakes his head. This time evil laugh speaks up, "are you fluent in Spanish?"

I reply with, "Sí es mi lengua materna." And give him a soft smile. "And you?"

He nods yes and I ask Silas who tells me he speaks Greek.

"Do you speak Greek little one?" He questions curiously hoping to find another friend.

"Το έμαθα όταν ήμουν νεότερος." I answer his question and watch amazed as the bear's eyes light up. Why did I do that? I'm getting soft.

For the rest of the lesson, I get to know more about Nathan and Silas and when the bell rings they drag me along to lunch with them.

"You're going to love North little one he can also speak Greek." Silas says excitedly as he talks about his friend who apparently shares languages with him.

I send him a smile and let him drag me to his friends. The more I struggle, the more the bear will want to eat me. Maybe if I close my eyes he'll disappear and I can be alone.