IX

With a huff, I put the soaking wet mop down into the grey bucket, as sweat trickles down my back. The once dirtied, tiled floor is finally clean and free of any stains. I sigh in relief and fix my curled up hair. The heat and this whole ass exercise has made my hair go crazy.

North made me work until I felt like accepting Luke's offer, and hiding in the pantry with him. However, I haven't given up or complained as I know he is trying to see if I can work in the kitchen along side him and his brother. Previously, Luke had told me Jade had been originally hired to work in the kitchen but hadn't been able to finish the work, and therefore was sent to the front.

"Your shift is almost over, firecracker." I look up, quickly and notice North leaning on a nearby counter looking at me, an amused expression on his face as his dark hair sticks up from the humidity.

"Yeah, I'm not a firecracker." I say nonchalantly, as I carry the mop to drain it.

"You're always angry and prepared to blow up." He replies in a gruff get weirdly smooth tone. I don't know how to explain it, but he manages to have a scary yet calming voice.

"Funny coming from you, scary man." I retort back in a levelled voice, whilst throwing away the greyish water, my back turned to him.

"I'm not scary." Scary man states in a surprised tone, following me down the hall and towards the closet, where I'm putting away the mop.

"Umm yeah you are. The black clothes, the one earring and your resting bitch face." I laugh a bit as I describe his 'well put' face. His eyebrows furrow as he takes in this information, making him look like a child instead of his usual brooding self. I close the closet door, stepping out into the cool hallway. For a September day it's really hot today.

"I do not have a bitch face!" He yelps, hurt. Aww I think I hit big daddy's masculinity. Whoops.

"Umm yeah you do." I say like it's obvious, going back towards the kitchen to collect my stuff.

"Umm No I don't." He mimics the way I speak. Dummy.

I smirk and turn to look at him right before I go into the kitchen, "oh really?" I say, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah you're the one with the resting face. Do you realise how intimidating you look despite you're short ass? You may be taller then Sang baby but you're still a baby." The man grunts, leaning against the wall, arms crossed making his muscles bulge.

I decide to use this situation with Sang in mind and walk towards him in a seductive manner. My hips sway as if I have a hula hoop on them and I walk towards him, eyes slightly closed.

North looks at me in surprise and gulps at the change in attitude. Hehe. I think I scared him.

Once standing in front of him, I look up, an innocent look on my face and rest a hand on his chest, now standing on my tiptoes to reach the damn thing.

"Can I tell you a secret?"I whisper in his ear trying to sound like Jessica Rabbit (now that is one sexy cartoon). North's eyes have gone more dark then I thought possible and I feel as if I'm falling in their abyss. Oh my god Sang has really hit the jackpot.

"I'm actually shorter then her, just by a few inches, not like it matters I'm still alpha. Anyways you probably don't care since you don't like her." I state, trailing my hands across his chest, only to jump in fear when he growls. Down doggy!

I don't look him in the eye and just listen for what he has to say, my hands still planted on his muscular chest. Like I said, Sang makes you want to help her and I'm being her wingwoman; I need to know if these men care about her.