Chapter Fifteen

Elliot's Pov

She whispered in Ryan's ear; I looked away, a rush of anger surged through my body. I wanted to grab Rose and take her away from him.

I looked at Ava apologetically but she waved me off and said, "It's okay. You've helped me out for a couple of years. I think it's time for me to get out of my bubble. You're right I shouldn't be scared and I shouldn't care about what others think of me. Thank you for helping me, it really means a lot." I smiled at her.

I grabbed her hand and squeezed it tightly reassuring her that I'll be there for her no matter what.

Rose finally got up and walked towards me; she motioned me with her hand for me to lead the way. I hesitantly grabbed her hand and placed it with mine. Her eyes widened a little and when she didn't object we walked through the crowd. We walked through the crowd and walked up the stairs. I wasn't sure where we were going but I needed a place for us to talk.

I pushed the room open and it looked like a storage room. I closed the door and locked it behind. The sound of the music wasn't as loud, but the walls in the room were buzzing and you could feel the vibrations against the ground. I turned around to find Rose holding a red rose. Oh the irony, I let out a small chuckle at the sight.

She raised her eyebrows as she walked towards me. She smelled the rose one last time, while maintaining eye contact with me. She broke half of the stem off and the rest into a bin as she took another step closer to me.

"So what did you want to talk about, Elliot?" Rose asked. For some reason, it bothered me when she called me by my name. Has she already moved on? Was I just a fling to her? I stood still, maintaining eye contact with her.

"It's about what I said at school I-" She brushed the rose against my face and placed it in my shirt pocket. My eyes fluttered softly, my heartbeat raced, and I felt goosebumps upon my arms. She let out a small laugh; I felt her warm breath faze against my skin.

"Elliot, Elliot, Elliot, you confuse me," she said. I raised his eyebrows at me and asked softly, "You confuse me as well, Rose. What were you going to say to the guy outside?" My stomach churned. I really wanted to know her answer but I was really scared at the same time.

"What do you think I was going to say outside?" She asked. I stared at her intently; I wanted to tell her that I wouldn't have given her the chance to say anything because I myself didn't know either. One thing I know is that I didn't want her to give him a chance. I stood in silence not saying anything.

"You know what I was going to reject him because I didn't want to lead him on. Maybe I'll go outside and actually give him a chance." Rose said. She looped her arm around me trying to reach for the door but I grabbed her by her waist stopping her.

"I thought you liked me," I said softly. I held onto the fabric tightly, my emotions were everywhere and I wasn't sure what I should do. I was worried; I found myself pulling her closer to me scared that she might leave me.

I felt so vulnerable at this very moment. I've never put my guard down in front of anyone other than Ty. Her eyes softened and she placed her soft hand against my cheek cupping it. I sighed into her touch and I found myself leaning into her hand.

"I was just messing with you, Eli." Rose said softly. Her eyes softened against mine as she took another step closer to me. She smiled at me sadly but didn't say anything.

"I was with Ava because she needed me. We both were together due to an agreement we had. I was okay with it because girls would get off my back so she'd help me out. This morning I told you not to call me that not because I didn't want you to. But because Ava and I were still together and I didn't want any rumors. I wanted to talk to Ava about everything first before. I didn't mean to upset you," I said honestly and I didn't want her to be upset with me.

"I'm not upset with you and thank you for telling me, Eli." Rose said while smiling. She wrapped both of her hands around my neck and pushed herself against me. Her face was really close to mine. Her nose touched mine ever so lightly. I felt my cheeks redden; I've never blushed in front of a girl before. Her lips hovered over my ear, giving me chills.

"Does that mean you like it when I call you those names?" She asked. I remember not answering this question when she asked me last time.
"Yes, I do," I said. She chuckled against my ear and it was the best sound ever and I wanted to hear it again. Her lips feathered around my ear and stopped beneath my ear. She asked, "Is it okay if I kiss you?"

My breathing slightly increased but my voice firm, "Yes." She brushed her lips against my skin teasingly and finally pressed her lips. I held onto her sides tightly and practically slammed her against me wanting her closer to me. Her breathing hitched making her pull her head back a little. She brushed her cheek against mine slowly and stopped. She moved her head to the side again so that her lips would hover over my cheek. Her lips grazed my cheek ever so softly.

"Can I do it again?" She whispered.
"Yes." She kissed my cheek ever so lightly as if she hadn't done it at all. A rush of warmth went through my whole body instantly heating me up. Each time she touched it burned like fire. I wanted to stay like this with her forever. When she pulled back I instantly felt cold. I pushed her hair over her shoulder and brought my hand and wrapped it on the side of her neck pulling her back.

Her eyes met mine and I felt her breathing increase. I gathered her hair with both of my hands and then held it with my left hand.
"May I touch you?" I asked while my lips hovered over her lips. She stared in my eyes intently and whispered,
"Yes."

I brushed my lips against her jaw and made it down to her neck slowly. She held onto my shirt tightly, making me smile. I felt her body tense under my touch and her breathing got heavier by the second.

"May I kiss you?" I whispered.

"Yes," Rose said breathlessly. I feathered a light kiss beneath her ear like she did to mine. My smile widened as I felt her shiver under my touch. I greedily placed another kiss in the crook of her neck and purposely left my lips lingering against her skin for a long time. I restrained myself from doing it again. I pulled my head back a little brushing my lips against her cheek and stopped in front of her lips.

I brushed my lips against hers feeling the hot air against my lips and asked, "Again?" I pushed my lips closer to hers before she could answer. Her hands made their way to my arms and held them tightly against her palms.

"Yes," she said as I felt her lips move against mine. I wanted her to keep talking; I knew she was struggling to stand up but I didn't want to stop. I grabbed the back of her neck and pulled her a bit closer, putting a bit more pressure against our lips.

"Yes what, Rose?" I asked. She let out a whimper as she dug her nails against my arms. Each time I'd say a word against her lips they'd brush against her lips. My breath intertwined with hers giving her no personal space. Her eyes were opened slightly, she struggled to keep them open.

"Rose. I'm waiting," I said once more. Her lips moved against mine but no words were coming out. I applied a bit more pressure and her breathing hitched. Her nails dug into my skin as she struggled to breathe. I moved my head to the side and kissed the corner of her lip.

"Baby," she whispered. Her voice is like music to my ears. I stopped and I pulled her into a hug and hugged her tightly. Her breathing was heavy and off as if she would have fainted right then and there if I had kissed her. I wanted to kiss her but the storage room wasn't the right place to do it. I wanted her close to me and so I hugged her tightly against me. I felt her arms wrapping around mine pulling me tightly against hers.

We both entangled ourselves with one another not wanting to let go. No one made the move to move back and we weren't planning on it. The unsaid words were made up with our actions. Just this hug told me everything that I needed to know.

I knew that I would get addicted to her. Hell, I'm probably already there.
But I didn't care, because I knew that she's worth it.