𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙤

Waking up without a nurse hovering over her bed, or some annoying kid screaming outside her door was heaven for Frankie Hopper

Waking up without a nurse hovering over her bed, or some annoying kid screaming outside her door was heaven for Frankie Hopper. Instead, as soon as her eyes opened, she was welcomed by her band and movie posters, her dresser and small vanity. Her nose, instead of scrunching up at the smell of disinfectant and medicine, was met with the sweet smell of eggos, coffee and cigarettes.

Same smell she had been welcomed by for the whole month she had been home.

She visited her best friend, Nancy Wheeler, a week after her arrival back in Hawkins, also reuniting with, surprisingly, Steve Harrington.

The two had never really been close, the boy being a year older, but they shared occasional awkward smiles in the hallway, when Tommy H. and Carol weren't around. She was shocked to find out that Nancy and Steve had been dating, knowing the boy could be kind of mean to girls like them.

Frankie congratulated the couple, nonetheless, and they invited her to a small party at the quarry. Frankie refused at first, the idea of parties, and being surrounded by drunk and high teenagers making her anxious, but after Nancy pulled the puppy dog eyes and the excuse of 'catching up', Frankie couldn't refuse.

Of course, things had to go wrong, and Frankie ended up passing out, due to an expected panic attack, mixed with dehydration. She was fine afterwards, but knew she wouldn't step foot into a party anytime soon.

She also ran into Jonathan and Will Byers, both boys getting huge hugs, Will's being significantly longer and more loving. She let the boys know that her father filled her in on the events that took place the year prior, and promised that if they ever needed anything, she would be there in a heartbeat.

Joyce Byers had gotten the same treatment when Frankie walked inside Melvald's General Store to refill her makeup collection and get her favorite perfume. The two females connected through Frankie and Jonathan's close friendship, Joyce having had been a mother figure for Frankie for years.

Frankie stretched, some dinosaur noises involuntarily escaping her as she sat up, but quickly fell back down, cuddling deeper in her blanket and shoving her face in her pillow.

She yelled a muffled 'come in' after a small series of knocks on her door, and groggily looked at El, her mood drastically changing at the sight of the young girl.

'Morning.' Eleven said shyly, holding a cup of what could only be coffee.

'Good morning to you, too.' said Frankie, voice raspy from sleep. She sat up in a criss cross position, grabbing the mug from El, sipping on the warm liquid.

'Breakfast. In the kitchen.' said El and pointed behind her. Frankie smiled and stood up, careful with the liquid. She smiled wider as she saw her father, clad in uniform, standing over the stove, cooking eggos.

'Beauty queen's awake!' he exclaimed playfully. Frankie rolled her eyes but stood up on her tippy toes and planted a kiss on his cheek, then sat at the small table, El to her right, sipping on some orange juice. Minutes later, the three were munching on the sweet waffles, wiping maple syrup from the corners of their mouths.