𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙀𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

Frankie wrapped her arms tighter around Steve's neck to keep him in place, as she rested her still pounding head on his, soft hair tickling her cheeks

Frankie wrapped her arms tighter around Steve's neck to keep him in place, as she rested her still pounding head on his, soft hair tickling her cheeks. Dustin handed her an ice pack, and she held it against his head. She sighed, wiping away a small amount of blood from his lip, before looking forward again.

'How far are we?' Frankie asked, doing her best to look over Lucas's shoulder at the map.

'A few miles. Why?' the boy asked, looking at her. She pointed to Steve who thankfully was still unconscious. 'Since when he wakes up, he's gonna start yelling. And it's not gonna be pretty.' Dustin sighed from next to her. 'I promise, he'll be cool, alright?' Frankie scoffed. 

'No he's not. Just wait. He's gonna freak out, he's gonna yell, he's gonna distract Max, and we're gonna die. So zoomer, speed it up, please.' Max nodded and pressed harder on the gas pedal, the car jolting slightly.

The movement triggered Steve's awakening, the boy groaning in pain. His head turned towards Mike, and he frowned.

'Nancy?' Mike made a face, and Steve groaned rubbing his eyes.

'Hey, Steve, no. Don't touch it.' His neck practically broke as he tried to look up at Frankie.

When he couldn't he faced the other way, looking at Dustin. 'Hey, buddy.' the boy smiled at Steve. 'It's okay. You put up a good fight. He kicked your ass, but you put up a fight. You're okay.' Steve groaned again and held onto Frankie's knee.

'Okay, you're gonna keep straight for a half a mile, then make a left on Mount Sinai.' said Lucas from the passenger seat.

Steve sat up slightly, as much as Frankie's hold allowed. 'What's going on?' Finally, he noticed Max driving, and he began panicking. 'Oh, my God!'

'Just relax. She's driven before.' Mike scoffed again looking at Dustin. 'Again, in a parking lot.' Lucas turned his head to look at his friend. 'That counts.'

Steve began having a minor freak out, holding on to Frankie's knee for dear life. 'Oh, my God.'

'I promised you'd be cool.' said Dustin and Frankie held Steve tighter to her chest.

'Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. What's going on?' Max floored it, causing Steve's minor freak out, to turn into a major freak out. 'Oh, my God. No! Whoa! Stop the car. Slow down.'

'I told you he'd freak out!' exclaimed Mike as Steve held onto Frankie even tighter. 'Stop the car!'

'Everybody shut up! I'm trying to focus!' yelled Max, looking at the four in the backseat. Lucas then perked up.

'I told you this would happen!' exclaimed Frankie, getting a glare from Dustin in return.

'Oh, wait, that's Mount Sinai. Make a left.' Max looked at him. 'What?'

'Make a left!' Max did as told, the car basically drifting. Everyone screamed and Frankie buried her head in the crook of Steve's neck, not wanting to see anymore of the road and Max's driving.