𝘽𝙊𝙉𝙐𝙎 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙉𝙀: 𝙎𝘼𝙍𝘼'𝙎 𝘿𝙀𝘼𝘿

Hopper sighed deeply as once again, little Frankie placed the plate of chocolate chip cookies outside of the trailer, a glass of steaming milk an inch to it's left

'Frankie, get back inside, it's cold out there.' he called out to the 11 year old who's eyes were wandering the trees next to the trailer. She sighed, her hot breath showing in the cold night. 

Frankie slowly made her way inside the home, her nose scrunching up at the smell of alcohol and nicotine. She locked the door and slowly walked inside the living room, eyeing her father. 

'I told you a thousand times to stop wasting the damn food, Frankie.' Hopper looked up from the bottle of brown liquid, tired eyes wandering around the messy living quarters. Frankie tore her eyes away from the bottle and made eye contact with her father.

'I know-'

'So why do you keep doing it?' Frankie gulped, cracking her knuckles. 'Because Sara might be hungry when she comes home.' 

Hopper chuckled, a humorless chuckle. Something Frankie picked up. 

'Don't you get it, kid?' Frankie's brows furrowed, blue eyes pooling with confusion. 'Get what, dad?' Hopper, finally having had enough of his daughter's lack of knowledge rose up from the couch slowly, towering over her.

'You sister is dead! Gone! She's never coming back, Frankie!' The young girl jumped at her father's loud yell, eyes widening as she tilted her head up to be able to look at him properly.

Her heart dropped to her stomach, her ears ringing as she processed the information. It felt like a punch to her gut. Her small hand held the wooden doorframe, the girl not trusting her legs to hold her weight.

'W-what do you mean? Mom said Sara went away for treatment.' Tears quickly gathered in her eyes as her father bent down to look at her.

'No, Frankie. Your sister died. We had a funeral and everything. Your mother didn't want to tell you so you wouldn't be sad.' Frankie's breathing picked up, her heart racing. Hopper quickly grew panicked as he watched his daugher hyperventilate, something he became hyper aware of since Sara's first episode. 

His hands wrapped around her small shoulders as he kneeled on the floor and brought her body in his embrace. Though, he didn't expect Frankie to roughly pull away, the confusion turned heartbreak in her eyes to become anger. She was furious.

'Were you ever going to tell me the truth?' Hopper sighed, shaking his head. 'Of course-'

'When?' The anger had turned to betrayal. When he stayed quiet, Frankie scoffed, grabbing her hoodie from the armchair. 

'Kid, come back.' His request fell on deaf ears as Frankie ran out of the room, ripping the front door open and jumping out, knocking over the glass of milk in the process.