𝘽𝙊𝙉𝙐𝙎 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙊: 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙋𝘼𝙍𝙏𝙔

small trigger warning: in this chapter i talk about frankie's overdose. so if you're sensitive to this type of stuff, please stop reading. i know absolutely nothing about drugs so if i got anything wrong please correct me!!

 i know absolutely nothing about drugs so if i got anything wrong please correct me!!

Thursday, January 21st 1982

Frankie Hopper visibly flinched as yet another locker was slammed shut at the end of the hallway, bringing her out of her daydream like state. Robin Buckley sighed and gently rubbed her friend's shoulder, cringing at her tense muscles. 

'You're okay.' she said softly as to not startle the girl more. Frankie gulped and nodded, throwing a small smile Robin's way. She closed her own locker, hugging her books tight to her chest. 

'So, have you heard about Tommy H's party?' Robin asked as they slowly walked towards English, knowing they were likely to arrive early anyway. Frankie shook her head, looking down at her boots. 'Another one? Didn't he throw one two days ago?' 

Robin sighed, avoiding a jock as he almost slammed into her. 'No, that was Harrington.' Frankie nodded. 'I'm thinking of going.' 

Robin Buckley at a party? Frankie would pay good money to see that. 'Seriously? Who's bribing you?' Frankie quickly threw the questions, making Robin chuckle. 'No one's bribing me.' 

Seeing her friend's single raised eyebrow, she sighed. Lowering her voice, she linked her arm wirh Frankie, pulling her close. 'I heard Tammy in the bathroom after second period. She said she was going.' Frankie's mouth turned into an 'O' as the explanation for Robin's behaviour came. 

'Oh, alright. Have you talked to her lately?' The girls stopped in front of the classroom, leaning against the wall, facing each other. 'Other than my blind ass asking her what the hell Kaminsky's writing or her asking for the date, nope.' Robin ended the sentence with a deep sigh as another body joined them.

'I hate high school.' Keith leaned on the wall next to Robin, dramatically breathing out. The girls nodded in agreement, their movements halting as Steve Harrington and his clique rounded the corner.  

Frankie rolled her eyes as Carol eyed her up and down, blowing a gum bubble loudly, then laughing as the brunette flinched.

'Jeez, scaredy cat. It's bubblegum, not a bomb.' Tommy H snickered and got close to her face, yelling out a 'boo', him and his girlfriend laughing as she jumped again. 

'Guys, enough. We gotta get to class.' Frankie's eyes shot up to meet Steve's. His gaze held an unreadable emotion as his eyes slightly narrowed, looking her over. Was it pity, sympathy, annoyance that his friends were making him late to class? Before she could decipher it, Steve and his friends were gone, but not before Tommy kicked Keith's books out of his arms. 

The girls bent down, helping their classmate gather his papers. As they stood up straight again, the bell rung. Frankie surprised herself when she didn't flinch. 'At least it's not mayo in my locker.' Keith grumbled out, memories of the nasty substance covering every inch of his belongings flooding in his brain.