𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧

'Okay kid, now go.' Frankie adjusted the bed sheet on El's head and turned the girl around. Frankie hid behind a corner, camera ready, watching in amusement as her dad turned away from the Eggos he was cooking to find El behind him with a bedsheet covering her from head to toe, with holes for eyes.

'Oh, Jesus!' Frankie took the picture at the perfect moment, capturing the pure terror in her father's eyes. She busted out laughing as he glared at her.

'Ghost.' Frankie bit her lip to stop herself from smiling too big as Hopper looked down at the food.

'Yeah, I see that.' He turned off the stove as Frankie leaned on the fridge.

'Halloween.' Hopper placed two waffled on each of their plates, adding bacon.

'Sure is' he said in a singsong voice. 'But now it's breakfast, okay. Let's eat.' he finished and handed Frankie a mug of coffee. The girl opened the fridge and poured a little bit of milk, admiring how the drink lightened and stopped steaming as much.

'They wouldn't see me.' Frankie bit her lip. She knew Hopper would shut down the idea as soon as it was out.

'Who wouldn't see you?' he asked. Frankie sipped the warm liquid and sat down at the table.

'The bad men.' Hopper placed the plates in front of their respective chairs.

'What are you talking about?' he asked not looking at Eleven.

'Trick or Treat.' Finally he looked at her bed sheet covered face, only her eyes visible.

'You want to go treat-or-treating?' Eleven nodded and Frankie stood up straighter in her chair.

'I can go with her, dad. We'd be safe. I promise.' Hopper glared at his oldest daughter and shook his head.

'You guys know the rules.' He sat up and held El by the upper arms, walking her to her chair.

'Yes.' the girls said at the same time.

'Yes, so you know the answer.'

'But, dad-'

'No, but they wouldn't see me.'

'Hey, I don't care.'

'But they wouldn't see me.'

'But they wouldn't see her!'

'I don't care, alright?' Hopper turned Frankie's chair to face him and bent down to be at her and Eleven's levels.

'You go out there, mask or not, it's a risk.' He brought his eyes to Frankie 'we don't take risks, alright? They're stupid, and...'

'We're not stupid!' said the girls together, Frankie's tone more bored then determined, like El's. Hopper looked between his daughters.