The Moment of Truth [1]

That particular morning, free from her duties for just a bit, Arwen found herself sitting on a chair in Lady Morgana's chambers, sending Gwen a dubious look as she listened to her speak complete falsehoods.

"I think you're just exaggerating, he's not that bad." The handmaiden tried to defend the person in question, but Arwen only shook her head in denial. And during all of this Morgana could only watch her friends as the debate continued.

"You believe that just because you haven't been around him for almost fifteen years. My brother is the most dramatic idiot you'll ever meet." Arwen stood her ground, continuing on as many examples came to her mind. "You should have seen him when we were young and I was practicing with my sword on him. One time I just gave his hand a small smack and he was instantly running to mother claiming I broke his hand."

"Did you?" Morgana chose this moment to interject, because while she did not doubt Merlin had his dramatic moments, she had been a witness to plenty of Arwen's own.

"I didn't break his hand, I just dislocated a finger." Arwen stated simply, a small shrug of her shoulders following her words while Gwen and Morgana burst out laughing.

"Poor Merlin, growing up with you." Morgana teased as her laughter slowed down enough for the raven haired woman to get the words out. Arwen turned to her, a small glare in her eyes, but before she could come up with a defence, a knock at the door interrupted their conversation.

Morgana gave out a call, allowing the guard to enter the room and address the lady. "My lady, pardon my interruption. I've been tasked with coming to inform you that the King is holding an audience and requests your presence. Yours as well Arwen." The guard announced and the three women shared a curious look amongst themselves.

Although, it wasn't uncommon for Arwen to be present on certain occasions, the curiosity within her still rose every time. And every time she wondered what new trouble was it that they were forced to face this time. As they walked through the corridors towards the throne room, Arwen couldn't help but play a game with herself as she debated what it would be this time and wondering why it could never be something pretty and happy.

"What do you think it's about?" Gwen questioned, unable to hold back her own curiosity. All that the guard had told them was that a villager has come to seek an audience. Many people did not yet know what it regarded.

"Perhaps someone's fallen ill? Or there is some kind of disease? It would explain why you've been specifically called for Arwen." Morgana suggested but Arwen instantly wished for that not to be the story. She really didn't want another deadly disease spreading through Camelot. The last was enough.

"Well whatever it is, I hope it's easily handled and over in no time. I don't want another magical issue we can't find a solution to for days." Arwen grumbled in distaste, the other two women nodding their heads in agreement. Nobody was eager to face yet another danger.

"I think that might be her, with Merlin and Arthur." Gwen said, her voice lowering, as they entered the throne room. Many of the council, and the King himself, had not yet arrived, leaving those who had scattered around as they waited.

Both Morgana and Arwen looked over to where the Prince and his manservant spoke with a woman who had her back turned to them. It was Merlin who noticed them first, and to their surprise, continued to specifically point out their arrival to the villager. For a moment, Arwen was confused, however, as the woman turned realization struck her.

Her eyes widened as noticed the familiar face and she gave no hesitation before running towards them. In that moment, Arwen didn't really care for what seemed proper etiquette when surrounded by lords, ladies and the Prince himself. All she felt was happiness as she realized her mother was there in Camelot.