9 - The first Step

The camera shows The first person view of someone just waking up as they blink. An orange haired girl is staring down at them.

Qrow jumped back. "Holy Hell! Thats creepy!"

Girl: Wake up lazy butt!

A long black haired boy with a pink streak sits up as the girl sings behind him

The Rens perked up seeing their son.

Girl: (sings) It's morning, its morning, its mooooring!
Boy: (sigh)

The scene changes to them brushing their teeth.

Girl: I cant believe we've been at beacon for a full 24 hours! Not that i thought wed get kicked out or anything, i mean, you're the perfect student and I'm, well I'm me! 

The scene changes to the boy fighting his sleeping bag.

Girl: But its just crazy, you know? We've been friends for sooooooo long. What are the odds we'd still be together. Well, not "together" together. Not that I'm saying you're not handsome! You are handsome but that'd just be weird... right?

Summer giggles. She totally liked him.

The scene skips again to them eating breakfast.

Girl: (mouth full of pancake) Right. What was i thinking? But still i hope we end up on the same team together. (Slurps up pancake) Ooh! We should come up with some sort of plan! To make sure we end up on the same team together! What if we bribe headmaster? No, that wont work, he has the school.

"Just bribe him with coffee. I'd bet that'd work!" Glynda just glared at Qrow who shrieked and hid behind Ghira, who's laughing at him.

Scene changes (AGAIN) to the boy opening his locker.

Girl: I know!  We'll have some sort of signal! Like a distress signal! (Gasps) A secret signal so we can find each other in the forest! Can you imitate a sloth?
Boy: Nora...
Girl (Nora): Yes Ren?
Boy (Ren): (hides weapons in sleeve) I dont think sloths make a lot of noise.

An and Li were kinda sad. They wanted to know the beams of their son.

Nora: (thinks for a minute) ... Thats why its perfect! No one will suspect were working together.
Ren: (chuckles) Come one, Nora. Let's go. (Walks away)
Nora: (follows him) But not "together" together. (Giggles and walks past Ruby and Yang)

Summer and Kali squeal at them while Willow just chuckles. "I think Nora just spoke more in one minute then Blake did in total so far." That got everyone laughing as well.

Ruby: Wonder what those two are so worked up about?
Yang: Oh who knows.... So! You seem awfully chipper this morning.
Ruby: Yep! No more awkward small talk or getting to know you stuff. (Pulls out Crescent Rose and pets it) Today i get to let my sweetheart do the talking.

Raven looked accusingly at her brother, who had said a similar thing at beacon.

Yang: Well remember Ruby, your not the only one going through initiation. If you wanna grow up your gonna have to meet new people and learn to work, together.
Ruby: Ugh, you sound like dad!

    Everyone laughed at Tai who looked offended. "Ill have you know that's something you should be proud of." They all rolled their eyes. "Sureeee, Dad." Emily teased.

Ruby: Okay, first of all, what does meeting people have to do with fighting And secondly, I dont need people to help me grow up. (Crosses arms) I drink milk!