Kidnapped

"We'll be back in two weeks!" Della said. She ruffled Dewey's hair and grabbed her last suitcase. She jammed it into the already full green van.

The sun shone brightly on the family as the stood in the driveway. They were saying their final goodbyes before the kids, Beakly, and Launchpad would have the house to themselves.

Donald was giving instructions to Beakly on how to watch his nephews. "... and no sugar for Huey, EVER. Always check the ingredients. It doesn't go well, and keep an eye on Louie. One minute, you think you're having a nice dinner, the next minute he's put sleeping pills in your food just so he could stay up late. And Dewey. Oh Dewey. Where to begin..." he said.

"I'm sure you have nothing to worry about," Beakly assured him.

Launchpad was helping Scrooge fix a flat tire on the van from the last time he had used it.

Della, Donald, and Scrooge were going on adventure. With Donald back, they wanted to have an adventure together without the kids, like they used to. Some quality bonding time.

"Remember, just two weeks." She fixed Huey's cap and patted down Louie's sweat shirt.

"Relax, mom. It's not like we won't be here when you get back," Louie said.

"I know. I just get worried about you boys. You're prone to getting into trouble," she said.

"Della! The tire's fixed. We're ready to head out," Scrooge called her from inside the van. Della said one last good bye and got into the van. The boys waved as their legal guardians left.

After they were gone, Louie looked to his brothers and Webby. "So, we have the house to ourselves. Want to do something dangerous?" he asked.
Dewey jumped up. "Of course!"

But their joy was put to a stop when Beakly came behind them. "Ahem, are you forgetting something?" she said.

Louie sighed. "Alright, alright," he said. "Well, I guess we'll have to find something else to do."

"I have something for you kids to do," Beakly said. She pulled out a piece of paper from her pocket. "Your uncle Scrooge left us with a list of things that make profit if we get bored."

"And I assume we will not be getting any money we make?" Louie said. He had one hand in his pocket and the other making gestures.

"You are correct," the British duck said. She handed Huey the list.

They heard a crash from inside the mansion, followed by what sounded like Launchpad's voice. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go fix whatever Launchpad just broke." Beakly walked back into the mansion leaving the kids alone.

"Well, Hue, what's first on the list?" Dewey asked. Huey read aloud, "Give tours of the factories."

Meanwhile in St. Canard...

Darkwing stalked the rooftops of the night city. He stared out over the buildings. Since becoming a super hero, he had only faced one villain. Sometimes he wondered if Launchpad was right when he told him to become a hero.

The only criminal he had fought was Tuoras Bulba. He had saved a little red headed orphan girl. Her name was Gosalyn. After the whole adventure, he adopted her. It had been a month since then.

Sure, acting was fun, but he wanted to be a real hero. He had listened to the police scanners. Only petty thefts that were stopped minutes after being reported. Not enough time for him to even get to the crime scene.

"Okay," he said to himself after realizing there was no crime to fight.

Disheartened, he climbed down the building and started the Rat Catcher. As he drove, he passed the museum.