Something's Off

(Possiverse)

Beakly was stressed but she kept a cool head about it. Last night, neither her granddaughter or Dewey came home. But she had to keep calm to keep the two children and one man-child calm. She had called the police to start an investigation.

While Beakly spoke with officer Cabrera, Launchpad, Huey and Louie talked. Well, Huey and Louie were talking. Launchpad was hyperventilating. "Dewey! Missing!" Launchpad let out. Huey tried to calm him, a way of coping with his own fear. "It'll be alright. We'll find them, I hope." Huey hid that last part with a cough. "Poor Dewey and Webby! They must be so scared!" Louie worried. Huey shot a look at him. "Dewey and Webby? No way. They're brave. I have faith in them," Huey said. He glanced at the officers inspecting his home with sad eyes. They just had to find them. They had to.

In St. Canard...

"Gosalyn! Hurry up! You've been in the bathroom for, like, 30 minutes! What are you even doing in there?" Drake marched up the stairs and knocked on the bathroom door. "Just a second!" Gosalyn called through the door. Drake tapped his foot on the ground and glanced at his watch. Rolling his eyes he opened the door. "Gos, what are you doing?" he asked annoyed. The scene surprised him. She was standing on a stool with her hair down, over the sink and examining herself in the mirror. She had a strand of her orange hair in a straightener. "Are you straightening your hair?" Drake gasped. She jumped at the sound of his voice. Her eyes nervously darted between the straightener in her hand and her dad.

"Uh..." she said at a loss for words. Drake was astonished at her hair, half of it insanely curly and the other half straight like how it usually was. She soon found what to say. "You don't know everything about me! My hair is naturally curly," she defended. Her raised a suspicious eyebrow.

"Since when?"

"Since forever!"

"Pft! Yeah, right. What's going on?"

Gosalyn bit her lip. "Nothing! I'm just straightening my hair! Isn't that what girls do?" she said. Drake smirked at her, weirded out and stepped out of the bathroom. She let out a thankful sigh.

In Duckberg...

Huey and Louie got together and made a list of suspects. "Who would want to kidnap Dewey and Webby?" Louie began. "Well, we don't know that they were kidnapped. We just know they're missing, but if they were kidnapped, who would do it?" Huey said. He set up a chalkboard with the underlined word, suspects. Louie and Huey thought a minute. "What about the beagle boys? They're always trying to kidnap us," Huey suggested. He wrote the name on the board. Louie shook his head and stood up. Taking the chalk from his brother, he scribbled out the name.

"Why not?" Huey questioned. "The beagle boys? You mean the charity that gives soup to the homeless folk? I doubt they're the kidnappers," Louie said. "Are we talking about the same beagle boys?" Huey questioned. "Tsk, tsk, poor naive Hubert. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer," Louie said and pat Huey's head.

Huey pulled away from him. "Quit it! Quit whatever this act is!" he snapped.

Louie was taken back. "What do you mean?"

"You're not being yourself! You keep acting like I'm stupid and Launchpad is a jerk! How does this play into whatever con you have?"

"I would never pull a con! I am an honest duck! And I can honestly tell you, I don't know what you're talking about!"

The two boys glared at each other. "You keep going on and on about some stupid Bready! Who the heck is Bready! And you keep putting on this act," Huey said. He began to taunt the boy in green. "'I'm Louie Duck, I'm the most hardworking person in the family! Oh, Huey, where's Bready? Oh, Dewey must be so scared,'" he teased. "That's not even how I sound!" Louie exclaimed.