NegaLouie's History

(Possiverse)

Stressed, Beakly took a breath in. It had been a long day and the police had gotten nowhere finding her family. She ran a hand through her white hair. Reclining on the couch, it was her first moment of peace in the day. Only, it wasn't really peace because she had the kids on her mind. She worried for her granddaughter.

She blinked hard, her eyes hurting. She just wanted to go to sleep and wake up from this nightmare. As she sat on the couch, her mind ran to the others in the house. Della, Donald, and Scrooge had left. She face palmed as she remembered she had forgotten to call them and tell them about Dewey.

Beakly thought of Launchpad. Where had he disappeared to? She thought she had seen him leave with that Drake Mallard guy. Duckworth lived there too, but he was rarely around, spending most of his time in the underworld. She could at least ask him about Dewey and Webby, so she could confirm whether or not they were... still living.

Then thoughts about Huey and Louie came into her mind. Beakly sat up. She hadn't heard from them for a while. She went silent and listened. It was quiet. Too quiet. When you lived with three preteen boys, two at the moment, any amount of silence was too quiet. She stepped up the stairs.

"Huey? Louie? What are you two up to?" she called. There was no answer. Raising an eyebrow, she stepped into their room. She was surprised to see no one there. She investigated the room. "Boys?" she tried again. She frowned frustrated when no one responded.

Beakly was about to call out again, but a page taped to the door caught her eye. She spun around to face it. Pulling the paper off the door, she examined the handwriting. It was tiny and neat, barely taking up any of the space on the page. Huey's handwriting.

She read the note aloud to herself. "Going to get Dewey. We'll be back! Sincerely, Huey," she read. Beakly raised an eyebrow. "Get Dewey?" she questioned. Pulling out her phone, Beakly dialed Launchpad.

...

Launchpad and Honker finished setting the table. They had everything ready for Morgana to come to dinner. NegaGosalyn was helping too,, after persuading Drake. But he still wasn't convinced she was good. She had tried to kill him after all.

"Well, we're ready, D.W.," Launchpad smiled. Just then his phone rang. He answered it. "Yello?" he greeted.

"Launchpad, the boys are gone!" Beakly shouted on the other end, startling Launchpad. He jumped and almost dropped it. When he had a good hold on it, he held it up to his ear.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Huey and Louie went to go look for Dewey," she explained.

Launchpad smiled. "You mean they found him!?" he asked hopefully.

"No, I don't know what they meant by that," she responded.

Launchpad drooped. "So where did they go?"

"Like I said, I don't know! Where are you?" she wondered.

"I'm at Drake's house. I'm helping him fi-"

"You have to come back here. I'm having trouble keeping track of everybody. Mr. McDuck leaves for two weeks and we've already lost his family," she interrupted.

"But I've got plans tonight. We're having dinner with that actress Morgana Macawbre to see if she can tell us anything about the Negaverse," he said.

"I have no clue what you're talking about. Your dinner plans will have to wait. I need you back here," she said.

Launchpad frowned. "Alright, I'm on my way." Then he hung up.

"What was that about?" Drake wondered. "Eh, I've got to go, D.W.," he said. Drake's eyes widened. "But if you go, it'll just be me and Morg. And then it'll be a date! You heard her, I've got no clue how to have a date!" he exclaimed. Launchpad was already halfway out the door. "You'll think of something. Just wing it," he said, then closed the door behind him.