Chapter 7.

CARLAS POV.

I'd been awake most of the night thinking things over, working out the dates, time etc... everything I could think of to try and put my mind at ease and figure everything out. Then it hit me... the baby wasn't nicks at all... it was Peters.... it had to be!

I sighed an audible sigh just as there was a knock at the door. 'No ones home'

'Hmm, that's funny cause I could have sworn I just heard someone reply to me from inside' it was Michelle. 'What do you want, Michelle?' I didn't want visitors but I knew that she wouldn't take no for an answer. 'I just want to make sure you're okay. Nick told me that you kicked him out last night and that he thinks you're hiding something from him..'

And there it was... Nick was thinking the same thing as me, he must have read my notes properly... I sighed again. 'Right, i'm coming' I got up, slowly made my way to the door and opened it, then walked away. I didn't want to look at her because I knew she would be giving me a look along the lines of, -oh not this again-

'Well, start explaining' She called out as she sat on the chair opposite me. I started talking without even making eye contact... 'Well....' I hesitated a little before continuing.. 'I've been working out the dates of everything, I haven't slept all night because of it, and I've worked out that... this baby.. it's not Nick's...'

'Who's is it then?!' she said with not an ounce of shock to her voice. 'It's Peters' I still looked down. 'Peter? Peter Barlow?!' I finally looked at her and she was just staring at me... giving me a knowing look. 'Well how many other Peters do we both know chelle?'

She sighed, loudly. It half took me by surprise. 'And have you told him?' I knew that was going to be her next question. 'No... Not yet...' I twiddled my thumbs, not knowing what else to say as Michelle sighed again, then came to sit next to me... 'Look, Carla. I can't say I'm surprised by this cause, quite frankly, I'm not, BUT, were family. So i'm with you whatever you choose'

That instantly made me feel slightly better... I looked up at Michelle. 'Are you sure about that?' I half laughed and so did she..

'Yes and no...' She half laughed 'But someone has to be don't they?'

She enveloped me in a big bear hug which I think is what I needed at this moment in time.

'Chelle?' I looked at her... 'Yeah?' She looked back at me 'I bloody love you'

She smiled and replied... 'I love you too'