Chapter 5, Lyra: Living in the moment

Weeks pass, Months.... A year, And Keefe was so so tired.....

" I want the last one! " Lyra said taking the last custard burst.

Keefe sighed, " Fine..."

" Now I want more " Lyra said looking down at the empty plate

" No Lyra there's no more " Keefe answered.

This was how it was the last couple of Months, and Keefe wasn't handling it very well.

" Are you sure you can't just buyyyy more huh? " Lyra asked impatiently

" I don't know...." Keefe answered blankly.

" This is a yes or no question Keefe! " Lyra demanded

Keefe looked at an impatient Lyra and finally said, " Fine "

" Yaaaaaay! " Lyra said jumping up and down.

" we're going to Atlantis " Keefe explained

" Oooh! I always wanted to go there! " Lyra cheered. 

Keefe sighed, Lyra was always so energetic that it wore him out

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" I wanna go there! No THERE! " Lyra said pointing to the many buildings in Atlantis.

" Haha, you WISH " Keefe answered.

" I sure do wish! " Lyra insisted

" Now, let's go get those treats you wanted " Keefe continued, He didn't mind getting something for his sister.

They got their treats and sat down outside in the patio of the cafe.

" Wow you actually GOT me something without arguing " Lyra said too busy enjoying her mallowmelt.

" Yeah, I don't really care anymore, I HAVE to babysit you most of the time anyway " Keefe answered.

" Okaaay " Lyra replied, confused. " I guess..."

Keefe looked at the astonishing city, He wanted to enjoy the moment while it lasted, because He definitely wouldn't want to go back home.  

Keefe was starting to enjoy the silence until Lyra interrupted, " Why do you look so tired? "

" Huh? " Keefe said looking back at Lyra, " Oh... "

Lyra looked annoyed and said, " You were ignoring me! "

" Oh, sorry about that " Keefe said. After all, Lyra was just Two 1/2 years old.

Lyra sighed and looked away, it's not like SHE cared.

Keefe was just living in the moment and there was nothing wrong with that.