The Spotlight

A few weeks ago, the Coalition Community hosted a writing contest in collaboration with GoldenQuillSociety and VellichorCommunity, Power of the Pen.

We would like to thank every contestant who participated in this contest. Without further ado, the winner is...

 Without further ado, the winner is

|||GirlOnFire|||

Here's an exclusive interview from her about her journey and experience in Wattpad!

Q1. Can you tell us a thing or two about you?

Haha, that's always a good question. One, I'm very outgoing and extroverted, I love people. And two, I am obsessed with the stars, skies, and the moon.

Q2. What inspired you to start writing?

I've been writing since I was very young. My school held an event every year called "Young Authors." I'd write a new story every year, from 1st grade all the way to 8th! After I graduated, I decided, Huh, I actually enjoyed writing books!

So I kept writing, and I enjoy every part of it. That's my story!

Q3. What genres do you prefer writing?

I'm not exactly sure, actually! I love writing new things, and I'm always open to trying new things. I do particularly enjoy romance, sci-fi, dystopian, fantasy (not the werewolf type, but the magic type).

Q4. What do you think of the Countdown contest, was it in anyway inspiring?

Inspiring has got to be the perfect word for what I thought of the contest. It really taught me to bend my boundaries and try new things. Writing a story that's one word is no easy feat, although it may seem so. You have to really wait for that perfect word.

I'm ever grateful to you for giving me the opportunity to grow my abilities and expand on my hobby!

Q5. Can you mention some of your favourite writers.

Oh, that's a hard one. I appreciate and every writer that has been able to take their story and put it down on paper, creating something that people can love. My favorite out of those? Soman Chainani, Marissa Meyer, Dan Brown, Rick Riordan... and a lot more that I can't remember.

Q6. How does winning the Contest make you feel.

When I saw that you guys had updated the book, my first thought was, "Oh! I didn't know this was going on for more than seven days!" And then I thought, "Wait, are they going to ask me to write a story with no words now?" (I can be stupid like that.)

So I clicked on the update, completely clueless as to what would be happening... and then I started scrolling. "Oh my god, they're announcing the winner!" I thought.

Then I saw my name, and my brain exploded. So did my heart. And to be honest, I still haven't fully recovered.