Chapter 9: In Sickness and in Health

Lin opened his eyes to see his hand being clutched tightly by Jon, the only sight that could give him enough motivation to get up. He squeezed it back and lifted it to his lips, pressing a kiss against his knuckles. "Morning, lovely."

Jon's eyes fluttered open and he smiled sleepily. "Hey... you missed me enough to come back early, huh?"

Lin traced a finger over Jon's lips. "I missed you more than you could ever know."

"Well, damn," Jon said, leaning over to kiss his forehead, only to pull back with a look of concern on his face. "Lin, you're burning up."

"Pfft, no I'm not," Lin denied, clearly sweating.

Groff put his hand to his forehead to check his temperature. "I'll call Javier and tell him we won't be coming in today."

"Whaaat? Jon, I am fine." 

"You could barely make it through that sentence," Jonathan tutted, pulling the covers over Lin. "Does anything hurt? I can get you some Advil."

"I feel oneee hundred percent. Don't worry about me Jon. I'm getting up right now," Lin responded, turning pale as he tried to sit up.

"Oh no you're not." Jon blocked him with a firm hand on his chest and pushing him back into bed. "I'm going to make you some tea. Stay in bed."

Lin tried to protest but couldn't find the strength to fight his boyfriend on the matter any further. He curled up, sniffling, a chill running through his body as his head pounded.

"Yeah. I won't be coming in either, I have to look after him," Lin heard Groff say from the kitchen.

An indignant puff came out of Lin's nose but he didn't protest as Jon walked back in, hanging up on Javier. "I made you peppermint, is that okay?" Lin nodded, taking the cup of tea gratefully as Groff climbed in bed with him. 

"I love you."

"I love you too. Now, drink your tea and rest up." Jonathan rested his head on Lin's shoulder, his arms around him.

Lin faked a gasp, turning his head to look at him. "So bossy. It's hot."

"No, uh-uh, no. I'm not kissing you until you get better."

"Whaaat? Being sick blows."

"I know, baby."

Word Count: 384 Words

Sorry this was so short! Still cute though right