Chapter 11: Smile More

"Morning, baby."

Lin was already typing furiously on his laptop next to Jonathan in bed, but tore his eyes away from his writing at the sound of Groff's voice. 

"Good m-" 

His breath caught in his throat at the sight of Jon, his mussed hair, his bright eyes, the upward quirk of his perfect lips always giving him a slight troublemaker look. "Jeez, look at you... You're so stunning."

Jonathan blushed right down to his toes and couldn't think of anything to say that would properly express how much he loved him. So he stayed silent.

"What was I saying? Oh, morning." He cleared his throat. "Hi." He traced a finger from Jon's cheek down to his shoulder, stopping when he reached his scar, and leaned over to press one light kiss against it and one against his lips.

"Hey, what do you say we go out for dinner tonight, after the show?"

"I would love to."

"Alright, it's a date, then." Lin gave him a dorky smile before turning back to his laptop.

~ time skip: that night, restaurant | brought to you by hamilton's eloquently speaking dog ~

Groff straightened his tie nervously as Lin strutted in, his heart doing a little tap dance whenever he laid eyes on him.

"If it isn't the loveliest boy in the place." Lin slid into the seat opposite him after kissing his cheek. He was in a perfectly tailored dark navy suit with a white button up and black tie, his hair pulled back.

"Well someone's a charmer tonight," Groff said, a smile dancing across his lips as he raised his eyebrows in mock surprise.

"I'm not always?" Lin batted his eyelashes.

"Only to me."

They ordered their food and chatted about anything and everything, Jon noticing halfway through that Lin snuck a few bites off his plate.

"Did you just eat off my plate? I swear to God, if you just ate off my plate..."

Lin looked around innocently, placing a finger against his lips. "Shh, you know you love me too much to get mad at me for that."

Jonathan raised his hands in defeat. "Fine. You're the only person cute enough to get away with stealing my food."

"One of the many benefits of sleeping with you."

A deep red blush spread furiously across Jon's face and he stammered out an incomprehensible response before becoming very interested in his place setting, Lin giggling on the other side of the table.

"Ohmygod! Shut up!" Jon whisper-yelled, even though he was smiling in spite of himself.

"No can do."

"Don't make me tape your mouth shut."

"Kinky!"

"Fuck you."

"You can, if you want."

"You are the worst, Lin."

Word Count: 511 Words

You guys are all so sweet!! For the people that have gotten my references ily <3 Sorry this was short, I'll write more soon!

I started watching glee recently and omg groff is so cute in it and kurt is such a sweet gay bby

also I can't get in the heights out of my head?? send help