Chapter 5

In The Woods

Rookie p.o.v.

I was in the middle of the woods training my aim to be better. I have been an archer for years and gotten good at it but I want to aim far off distance. As I was doing it I saw something near the river. I went over to see what it was. It was a Jackal Knight. I quickly rush over there to see if the Jackal is already but I was wrong. I saw an arrow in his arm but he seriously injured some other places. "H-Hey! Are you okay!?" I ask but no response. I wonder if his Kingdom got destroyed by the war? I pick up the Jackal very careful and rush over to Camelot to get him some help. "Don't worried I'm gonna get you some help" I said to him.

In Kingdom Camelot

I've finally made it back to the Kingdom. I had to look for someone to help me with the Jackal. I then saw my sister Namine. "Namine! Namine help!" I shouted at her. She turned to looked at me and saw the Jackal that I'm holding. "Rookie? Who is that?" "I don't know but he is injured. Can you get Merlina or Aryella please" she nodded. "Okay but where are you going to put that Jackal?" "In my room" I said. Namine went to looked for Merlina or Aryella. I went to my room and set the Jackal down on my bed. I but my knight mask aside and remove the Jackal as well. Once I removed it, the Jackal stared to wake up. His eyes looked into mine. He mumbled something that I couldn't understand. "What? I'm sorry but could you repeat what you said?" I asked him. "Where...am I?" He said softly. I gave him a gentle smile and said "Your in Kingdom Camelot. I've found you near the river" I said. "Thank...you...ah!" He said and move a little. "Careful! I didn't heal you yet but my sister is bringing a healer" I said. We then heard a knock at the door. It opened to reveal Namine and Merlina. "I brought Merlina, Rookie" said Namine. Merlina looked at the injures on the Jackal. "I can see what I can do" she said then turned to me and said "Rookie your mother wish to speak to you". I gave her a nod and left my room to see my mother standing there.

"You wish to see my mother?" I asked her. She nodded. "Rookie, where did you find that Jackal?" "I found him near the river, why?" I replied to her. I saw that she was in a deep thought in her own mind. "Is something wrong mom?" I ask. She gotten out of her thoughts and looked at me. "No, it's nothing" she them walked away. Something must be troubling her. But what? "Rookie?" I turned to see Namine "Yes?" "The Jackal wish to speak with you?" I nodded and headed back into my room.

"You should be all healed but if there's any more injuries let me know" said Merlina to the Jackal. I saw him nodded. Merlina then left my room. I walked up to the Jackal. "Feel better?" I ask him. "Yes, thanks to you" he replied. "What's your name?" I ask "Zero, and you?" I gave him a smiled "my name is Rookie". Zero smiled at me and said "Rookie...that's a nice name you have". I felt my cheek heated up. "Oh...thank you" 

In The Throne Room

Shadow p.o.v.

Sonic, Silver and I were waiting for Merlina to return for something. She came back and bow down to us. "I'm sorry to interrupt our plans but there was someone that needed me" she said "Who was it?" ask Sonic "There's was a Jackal that was wounded. Rookie found him and brought him back to the castle" she said. We all looked at each other then back at Merlina "What's his name?" Ask Silver. "Zero the Jackal" she replied. All of a sudden I felt a headache. All looked at me. "Are you okay Shadow?" Ask Sonic. I gave him a nod. "I'm gonna go walk around" I said. "okay but not too long because we are getting ready to preform a plan" said Silver. I looked back at them then left.

I started to walked around the castle. Why did I get that headache all of the sudden? After a few steps I found Rookie and Zero. They were in the room. Laughing and talking. I smiled they remind me of Gadget and Infinite back at home. Rookie turned and looked at me. "Oh Lancelot, did you need something?" "No I just walking around" I replied. Zero looked at me and his eyes went widen. I was about to say something but a painful headache came. I heard Rookie called my name. I then fainted on the ground.

....

....

....

....

Where am I? All I see is a dark abyss. I didn't see anyone until I saw a figure that walked up to me. It show me another me but I know that this is Lancelot from Camelot. "Your Lancelot right?" I said. He nodded "Indeed I am, your Shadow is that correct?" I gave him a nod. "Are you the one who brought me here?" I ask. He gave me a nod. "That Jackal that you saw with Rookie is a Knight from the Kingdom that started this war" "What?" "Believe me I fought him along side Percival" he said to me. "But he was all injured, Merlina told us that he was injured" "The King must have a plan to destroyed this Kingdom once a for all" said Lancelot. "Trust me I fought him before then he took my identity by my shadow" "But I don't think that Zero is a threat" "What's your point?" Said Lancelot "My point is that in my world I have the same Jackal that was too against us in a war but he became nice in the end, seeing Rookie and Zero reminds me of Gadget and Infinite" "What happens if he backstabs you?" Said Lancelot "He wouldn't because Gadget did change Infinite ways, I'm sure that Rookie can change Zero ways" I said. Lancelot cross his arms. "Okay but I didn't say I warn you"

....

....

....

....

....

I opened my eyes to see that I was in a room. I looked around the room to see Anita sound asleep. Was she waiting for me to wake up? How long was I out? I looked at the sky from the window to see that the sun was about to set. I shake Anita gently. She open her eyes to see me. "Lancelot your wake! Thank goodness!" She said and gave me a hug. I returned the hug. "What happened?" She ask while broke the hug. "Oh I just have a headache that made me faint for some reason" I said. She smiled "Okay but please do not do that again, you've got me worried" I gave her a smiled of my own. "I won't".

We heard a knock and someone opened it. It was Merlina. "Oh Lancelot you wake" she said and came into the room. "We were awfully worried about you?" "Sorry" I said "It's alright but Anita can you go get Sonic and Galahad?" She nodded and left the room.

"Shadow is there a reason why have you fainted?" Merlina ask. I gave her a nod. "Lancelot. I was talking to him" I said. "What did Lancelot said to you?" "He was confused to why am I here" I lied. I don't want to tell Merlina what really Lancelot said. She gave me a nod. "I understand. They must be so confused on what's going on" I gave her a nod.

Soon Sonic and Silver came in along with Anita. "Shad- I mean Lancelot thank goodness your wake" said Sonic. "What happened to you?" "A headache that causes me to faint" I said. I started to leave the bed until Anita stopped me. "Where are you going?" "I'm going with them to make a plan" I said. "please don't. You've must rest after the headache you have" she said. I looked into her eyes. Her blue eyes that sparkle into the night sky. I sighed. "Alright" "Thank you Lancelot" said Anita. The other left me to rest except for Anita. "Please take a good rest"

To Be Continued...

(This drawing belong to me)