9

HIYA DACAH GANG! Been a minute there

HIYA DACAH GANG! Been a minute there. This chapter will be a woozy. Don't forget to click the 💬 to
Comment your thoughts and the star ⭐️ to vote if you love Damon and Micah.

**༺═────────═༻**

"Damon, it's almost four pm." Stefan knocked on his brother's doors, he silently tapped his feet on the floor. The other side of the room echoed in silence, and as an instinct, Stefan opened Damon's door. The door scratched just as Damon's hazing sadness. "Damon," Stefan called, wandering into the mess of Damon's room.

The bed canopy remained unchanged, followed by the black leather bag near the door. Stefan shook his head when the thought of someone tripping slithered into his mind. The bright sky pitched loudly into the bedroom, bringing a brighter ambiance Stefan was yet to witness. "Damon." He walked closer to the bag which obtained a black-tipped arrow and a photo of Micah and Damon.

Stefan bit his lips, deciding if snooping was best. He hummed as he took the small polaroid photo in his hand. Micah looked brooding enough to be a competition for Damon, and his cat-green eyes glimmered red. Damon smirked into the camera, wrapping his arms around Micah's shoulders with a glass of red wine in his hands. Stefan hoped it was Red Wine.

"Stop snooping," Stefan jumped when he caressed the defining facial of Micah, a sharp jaw he imagined would cut through steel and a taut nose that burned with darkness. "That is Micah, by the way." Damon sat on his bed, crossing his legs as he leered a sorrowful gaze at Stefan. His baby brother nodded and tore his sight from the image. "I had to force him to smile."

"That's his smile?" Stefan wondered, chuckling as he sat on the rug that caressed his jeans. The warm woody scent of Damon's room whiffed into his nose as he sucked a breath. It smelled of Vintage and anxiety. "Does talking about him help?"

Damon looked at his canopy, drawings of Micah's cat-green eyes staring at him with disaster. "It does. A little. At least it helps. I don't want to kill an entire town."

"I know you talk about your relationship, but tell me what he was like?" Stefan thought of ways to help his brother. His heart ached before. He understood the disaster and the chaos that destroys oneself. He's been there. "Do you remember when Klaus left? He said he was going back to be with his husband, who ironically never was around." Stefan scratched his temple. "I know it's not the same as death. But, remember how hard I tried to keep my humanity intact? I thought he cared about me, and he loved me enough to stay, but he didn't."

Damon clenched his fist at the mention of Klaus. "He left you for his husband, who left him first. God, I wish I could strangle him." Damon's nose flared when he remembered the bloodshot eyes of Stefan that lasted in his mind for eons to come. Klaus Mikaelson had broken his brother's heart.

"That's what I mean. Well, that feeling. It sucks. But we keep going, no matter how hard it gets." Stefan commented.

"I know, it's not as easy. You can always find Klaus and reconcile if he takes you back. I can't bring Micah back. When a Grimm dies, there's no rebirth." Damon resisted the urge to wipe his tears. "Let's go downstairs. I think they'll all waiting."

Stefan nodded, following his brother.

When they arrived in the lounge, their friends waited in their usual spots. "We came an hour early today." Caroline chirped. She pressed her palms together, and her face beamed with pride. "Tell us what happened next."

Damon as always poured himself a glass of bourbon. "Okay, so where was I?"

"You and Micah shared a bed."

Damon snorted at Caroline's words, a burning sensation rose on his cheeks. "Yes, we went to sleep that night and I didn't end up sleeping. I stayed awake scared that some monster would burst into the motel room, so I clung to the bedsheet the entire time. Micah woke up a few times and complained that I was disturbing his sleep and the monsters would be the least I was afraid of." Damon let out a laugh that creased his upper lips. "His threat made me feel safer. But, the monsters then became the least of my worries."

Elena folded her palms together, leaning forward with her mind so attentive nothing else mattered. "What was the other problem?" The uneasy gaze Damon sheltered upon her drove a part of her insane. Her palm became sweaty when thoughts and ideas raided her mind.

"I fear your plan to kill the Dark Creator will end with my death or your death." Damon voiced. Two am in the morning, and Micah opened and closed his eyes. They hissed like a snake at Damon, who recoiled. "Okay, I'll be quiet," He grumbled, rolling his eyes as he lay on the bed. Turning to his side, Damon huffed out when the wind thrust great vengeance on his skin, and his nose chuffed the unusual scent of death and woods on Micah.

"The Dark Creator won't know if he's dead," Micah mumbled, driven by his ego. He palmed his face. "He killed you. I simply seek retribution."

Damon's cheeks flushed before realization struck, and his eyes went wide. "What happens to us then?"

"Us?" Micah gazed away. He stretched out of his bed. "What do you mean? You're simply a means to an end."

"Ouch, Michael." Damon's heart throbbed as if someone thrust Micah's sword into his chest.

"It's Micah," Micah grumbled, tilting his head to glare at Damon. his eyes burned as bright as the sun when he connected his eyes with Damon.

"Whatever, Joseph."

"So you spent the night being Damon and bantering him?" Tyler chuckled in amusement. "I wonder why he didn't kill you."

"Be quiet, Tyler. He liked my company too much." Damon chuckled inside at the fond memory. He couldn't help but think, why Micah didn't run his sword through him? He could. Not only that, but he had the power to do wherever he wanted-- maybe not whatever he wanted. But he saw the talent and the blood that spilled. Micah never talked about it. He remained brooding. Every soul claimed by his sword became another reason Micah would bathe in darkness and repeat his day. "Micah knew his new agenda was dangerous. But he didn't know it would cause him much more."

"How much did it cost him?" Bonnie questions. Her hands scraped on the arms of the couch as the ticking clock made a booming noise in her ears. Bonnie sucked in a deep breath of the vintage boarding house scent, now more eager to learn more.

"It's him, everything, and us."

Something within Damon snapped at old memories that haunted him day and night. He was never able to trade the horrors from his mind. But it wouldn't be the end.

"And how did you fall in love?" Stefan asked.

A smile corrupted Damon's face. "I'm almost there. It's cheesy. But it's how it happened."

"And what about the Dark Creator? Did he die?" Bonnie questioned.

Damon rubbed his face thinking, and when he came to a conclusion he said one sentence. "Micah is dead, isn't he?"

Their brows furrowed and chaos drank at their throat. "Wait-- I thought Micah was driven out of your life?" Elena remarked as she shared a look with Stefan.

"Come back another day." Damon stood from the couch and sped with haste from the boarding house.

"I'm beginning to think the Dark Creator wasn't just the hero of their story," Stefan muttered. "I think he was also their villain."