Flaring Heart

Eliana Tessa Castellanos

This Lycan of mine refused to leave. So, he ended up staying the night. Or the early morning. As much as I complained and threatened, he refused to let go of me. But no matter how much I denied, I loved being wrapped around by his warm embrace and his delicious scent which was now spreading onto me.

I had a quick shower and changed into my silk night gown. When I stepped out the bathroom, I found him lying on the bed with his top half resting on the headboard. A brilliant smile fell on his face as I walked towards him. I fold my arms and squint my brows at him.

He too seemed to have changed into a lose pair of trouser and a white round neck top. "What?" He smirks at me.

"What are you doing on my bed? And how come you-" The words got stuck in my throat as I saw a big bag right next to the bed. "What is that?" I point towards the bag, but my eyes were glaring at him.

But he just shrugs. "It's just my spare clothing. I was in a hurry so that's all I managed to get for now. But don't worry, I'll have all my belongings here later." He casually says.

I scoff at him, dumbfounded. "No, no, no. You are not staying here." I move towards him. "You are leaving first thing in the morning."

But he just grabs my arm and pulls me to him. I fall on him and he quickly turns over with me in his arms, so we are both lying on the bed. "Sleep, mate. I'm tired." He grumbles but I know that he's smiling.

The electric current zaps all over my body as he snuggles into me, his arms tightly wrapped around my waist. A gasp leaves my lips when I feel him place his lips on top of my head, giving me a soft kiss.

I freeze amidst my struggles to get off his unbreakable hold.

"Sleep, Eliana." His whisper thrums my heart, and I feel calm. As if a spell was cast on me, my eyes starts to close, and I relax into his warm embrace. I inhale him as I too unconsciously snuggle my face on his hard chest which soon vibrates as he lets out a deep grumble.

The flame is my heart finally calms to its once soft glow. My breathing evens as I fall deep into sleep. I slept without a worry, without the constant nightmares. I truly slept for the first time in the last two decades. Finally sleep came to me, as did a lonely drop of tear that fell down the side of the bridge of my nose. But I was happy.

I was where I always wished to be. In the arms of my mate where I felt safe. Protected. I felt forgiven.

This was what I needed. Someone to tell me that it was okay without any words passing their lips. I wanted someone to pull me in their embrace and hold me tight, so I don't slip past them. So, I don't escape again.

All I ever wanted was my mate.

The warm light seeping through the open balcony, wakes me up from my deep slumber. I inhale a deep breath of the most delicious scent which makes me turn my face on the hard pillow so I could drown in it. Soft tingles spreads along my palms as I feel the soft yet solid surface of my bed.

My eyebrows knit together as I feel my hands explore the surface, only for my bed to vibrate followed by a deep growl. My eyes fly open as the memory of last night floods through. I push on his hard chest and try to pull myself up and away from him. But his hands on my waist stops me from getting any further.

His other hand comes to place on top of my head, keeping my face flush to him as the rest of my body.

"Let go." I mumble on him. My hands that were on his face, push hard on his jaws, but he only moves his face so he's kissing the inside of my hand. I huff annoyed but the pleasure seeps through as the tingles ignite the flame in my heart once again.

"S-stop." The word comes out as stutter.

What is this Lycan doing to me? He affects me in so many ways. His touch makes the igniting flame die down while the same touch adds more fuel to my already flaring heart. He's the pill to my cure, at the same time, he's also the poison to my heart.

I want him at the same time I can't.

This godly beast that holds onto me, can I accept him? Can I hold on to him too? Will I ever be able to forgive myself?

I clench my jaws and fists my hands as I feel the flame heat up. In an instance, he lets go shocked. That was my chance to get off him and onto the other side of the room, holding my flaming hand in front of me.

"Stop." I say more firmly now. My eyes too blazed like my hand.

But he quickly gets up after the shock had left and takes a step forward. "Don't." I turn my head slightly as the fire in my hands blazes angrily.

Either he didn't hear me, or he chose not to, he takes one more step and another, until he was right in front of my hand. But he still takes a step forward, placing his chest firmly against my palms, slowly burning a hole in his white top. I felt his soft skin burn under my touch, but his face held no pain. He held my eyes with a smile on them.

No.

I pull my hand back as my eyes hovers on his chest. My vision blurs as my heart clenches tightly. Then I turn around and bolt out of the room.

Flashes of his red burnt skin repeats in my head over and over again. My hands clench tightly, and I feel my elongated nails, pierce through the flesh on my palms. I feel the blood trickle down as I sprint down the stairs. I bit my bottom lip and my sharp canines pierce right through them.

I hurt him too.